weak rear brakes

busaboost

Registered
I had my rear brake master piston seize. lucky only a mile from house so turned around rode home with brake dragging. Ordered a knockoff master but it fits and bore measures the same. Bled the brakes till absolutely no air, rechecked several times no air. I cannot get rear to lock up, they do slow me down. Master will move full stoke. No discoloration on rotor. Did i get a bum master or did i glaze pads/rotor or am i missing something?

y.o.c.?
bike is a 01
I don't think caliper is my main issue, it probably could use a clean but defiantly work better before.

I had my rear brake master piston seize. lucky only a mile from house so turned around rode home with brake dragging. Ordered a knockoff master but it fits and bore measures the same. Bled the brakes till absolutely no air, rechecked several times no air. I cannot get rear to lock up, they do slow me down. Master will move full stoke. No discoloration on rotor. Did i get a bum master or did i glaze pads/rotor or am i missing something?
Even if it was a short distance that u knew it was seized and the brakes were dragging they had probably been doing some kind of dragging for awhile just not quite as bad. Either way after a mile of driving with the brakes engaged at minimum the pads need replaced. Got any pics of the rotor and maybe the pads? Its also possible if they had been slightly dragging for awhile without u noticing your caliper could have heated up and need some attending as well.

busa rear.jpg

busa rotor.jpg

I've never heard of a master cylinder piston seizing while in use.
I've seen plenty of seized M/cyls seized from sitting for years but none from use . . strange . . did you strip it to check the internals?
Had the bike been sitting a long while perhaps?

not to jack the thread

Loring in 2015 Harvest event
about 3/4 mile out bike nosed over, I thought F I hurt the motor, chop throttle and bike comes screaming to a halt , on the runway. BIG HUGE clouds of smoke off the front wheel
my rotors were glowing red
pop bike in gear and magically the bike rolls, so I get back to the pits
rotor or rotors must have been dragging
now the fluid has been boiled in the line lever comes back to the bar and nothing
So I bleed the brakes, but now I apply them the rotors bind again

Track official happens to be going by me pits. and starts chatting
askes the problem, he says and I quote "Pull the F'ers off, you of all people know you don't need them up here"

not to jack the thread

Loring in 2015 Harvest event
about 3/4 mile out bike nosed over, I thought F I hurt the motor, chop throttle and bike comes screaming to a halt , on the runway. BIG HUGE clouds of smoke off the front wheel
my rotors were glowing red
pop bike in gear and magically the bike rolls, so I get back to the pits
rotor or rotors must have been dragging
now the fluid has been boiled in the line lever comes back to the bar and nothing
So I bleed the brakes, but now I apply them the rotors bind again

Track official happens to be going by me pits. and starts chatting
askes the problem, he says and I quote "Pull the F'ers off, you of all people know you don't need them up here"
Hi That is another great story! It is amazing of what can go wrong with out warning. In F 5000 I was going into a long right hand turn, and I see a rear lone tire going by me! CRAP it was mine!

Back