My rear brakes dont work!!!!

Eeclipse

Registered
y[me] Please help me!! I broke my right front footpeg. I replaced the entire unit including the brake line and master cylinder (all connected together on Ebay purchase) Now when I hit my rear brake, i get nothing. I bled the line and still nothing Please help me?!?!?!?

Check and make certain you do not have a bunch of play in your linkage from the pedal to the master cylinder. Check and make certain the Master Cylinder is full, But if you were bleeding the brakes obviously your getting fluid pumped through the line right? Hmmm, Otherwise sorry I cannot be much more use than this...

There is no linkage. And yes I do have fluid coming out of the bleeder screw. The pistons arent moving at all!!! I just cant figure this out. My pads are pretty low but I would think they would still grip the rotor.

if there is fluid in the line and its not leaking... you must have a massive air bubble stuck somewhere. brakes are a simple concept.

piston----> fluid------>piston

if there is air anywhere between the 2 pistons the brakes will feel mushy or just not there.

I hate to ask this but...did you put fluid in the REAR BRAKE resevoir??? If so and you have connected everything together then you may wont to go back an make sure the fluid screw that goes into the rear brake master cyclinder is not clogged or obstructed.

Oh one other thing this is real simple ..... MAKE SURE you adjust the the new pedal and master cyclinder so that when you press down on the brakes 1) the brake lights come on and 2) So that you are pushing enough fluid through the lines to push the pads out.

Great suggestion! The brake light is working fine. When I losen the bleeder screws (2, - 1 on each side) and push down the brake, fluid comes out of both, so I assumed that was all there was to bleeding. I agree brakes are an easy concept thats why I sooofrustrated. When I push the rear brake there is NOTHING. Is it still possible to have air?
rock.gif

I appreciate all the help...

Honestly, you need to get a wrench who knows what he/she is doing. It seems you do not even understand the concept of bleeding your brakes and it would sve you a lot of frustration if you can find a friend that will physically help you witht his one. If you were close to me, I would. Good Luck.

Back