Poor Brakes after upgrade !!

youll get it. a mightyvac has been mentioned a couple of times, and that really does work well. get the kit that comes with the little remote bottle for bleeding. pump, bottle, a couple little nipples. good kit.

Buying new rotors to replace the pads?? :rofl:

I believe that EBC has a page on their site that tells you how to bed in new pads on used rotors..........

I heard from someone on here to pull your brake level and zip tie it for overnight. I dont know if it works so someone may flame me here :laugh:. Worth a shot?

I should do this.

Just put on new Galfer lines and bled the bejeezers outa the new lines. Custom anodized Galfer rotors & Silver Galfer lines with gold fittings. :cheerleader:

So far, the levers feel great! Too cold to do the test ride yet though, snowing last night.

Dsc00297.jpg

Dsc00240_galfer.jpg

Dsc00240_galfer.jpg

Dsc00297.jpg

yeah. pain in the ass. I did a rotor, pad, line upgrade about 2 years ago and have never been able to get a lever back. It'll come and go as it pleases. I've got a thread w/pics and the whole 9 yards. I've literally went thru 2 1/2 qts of fluid trying to bleed it out and still have probs. Used mity-vac, manual, tied lever back overnight, jack up front of bike, tilted wheel side to side. Done everything, even rebuilt MC, still have sucky brakes

Check and recheck all fittings, you may have a bad crush washer!
yeah. pain in the ass. I did a rotor, pad, line upgrade about 2 years ago and have never been able to get a lever back. It'll come and go as it pleases. I've got a thread w/pics and the whole 9 yards. I've literally went thru 2 1/2 qts of fluid trying to bleed it out and still have probs. Used mity-vac, manual, tied lever back overnight, jack up front of bike, tilted wheel side to side. Done everything, even rebuilt MC, still have sucky brakes

BUY SOME SPEED BLEEDERS! Not shouting, just being enthusiastic, lol. Get the bag, too. 5 minutes to install, burps all the air out. Seal a hell of a lot better than the stock bleeders, too. Inexpensive, and saves a ton of time....
Cheap way to check....
You might think you have all the air out, like I did. Literally spent hours trying to get a firm lever...
For pumps-----magic!

Can you post a pic of your brakes on the bike. Close enough to see the calipers. I had a hard time once. Sometimes the answer just needs a new set of eyes on the problem.

The short line to hook up are the catch tank is a great idea. My line was a little too long and allowed the tank to roll over and allow some of the fluid to enter the vac. What a pain to clean out. The mighty vacs work great.

Let me know how that goes with resurfacing SS rotors. Oh yeah....YOU CAN'T:banghead:
AIR IN THE LINES//:banghead:
Just because you stated I bled the lines doesn't mean you did it properly.
Mightyvac or Gravity Bleed?
Who changes brake pads without atleast resurfacing the rotors are buying new ones. Thats like taking a shower with your underwear on. Half Ass IMO.

I heard from someone on here to pull your brake level and zip tie it for overnight. I dont know if it works so someone may flame me here :laugh:. Worth a shot?

it absolutly does. Also, did you clean the rotors off with brake cleaner before installing? And if you got ANY fluid by accident on the pads/rotor while bleeding, you will have the problem described...

AIR IN THE LINES//:banghead:
Just because you stated I bled the lines doesn't mean you did it properly.
Mightyvac or Gravity Bleed?
Who changes brake pads without atleast resurfacing the rotors are buying new ones. Thats like taking a shower with your underwear on. Half Ass IMO.

I just did it and do it all the time without issue.

Back