Rear Brake Help

jdevans85

Registered
Hello I have a 08 busa that I recently took the wheels and tires off of, now I'm no master mechanic but it was pretty straight forward. I also took off the rear sets at the same time. Well after I put my wheels back on I have pretty much no rear brake at all, when I pumped it up I heard a "pop" sound, so I'm not sure whats up. Have to push the brake lever all the way down and still have about 25% of the rear brake. Any ideas?
Thank You,
Justin
:beerchug:

mike1180

Banned
Check the fluid level in the master cylinder.
I would also bleed the rear system.
If there is any air that would give those symptoms.

kjcili

Donating Member
Registered
did you, for some reason open the brake system? did you happen to notice if the "popping" sound came from the master or caliper?

TruWrecks

Banned
Are both brake pads properly installed in the caliper? If you didn't loosen any brake lines there should be no air to bleed out. More information please.

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
Pull the rear wheel back off and inspect your brake braket you might have broke it. When you reinstalled the brake braket you might have installed it improperly. I have seen this happen on newer GSXR's

kjcili

Donating Member
Registered
Pull the rear wheel back off and inspect your brake braket you might have broke it. When you reinstalled the brake braket you might have installed it improperly. I have seen this happen on newer GSXR's
how could the bracket being broke cause a soft lever? could've been the popping souns...agreed, but not effect the actual standing brake.

jdevans85

Registered
Sorry for the lack of info guys, like i said I'm no mechanic and didn't know what to include, as far as I know I never had the brake lines open. The popping sound came from the master cylinder I believe. Sooo I hope I don't have to pay someone to fix it. :bowdown:

kjcili

Donating Member
Registered
if the master did fail, it is an easy fix and there are tons of guys here that can walk u thru the repair procedure. it's relatively easy

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
My guess is, you have something fookered up with the pads. Take the brake back off and inspect for any abnormalities with the pads. Make sure everything is aligned properly. I'd be a bit reluctant to ride it without adressing the problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
michael parris heuberger Help Rear Running, Brake,and Turn Signal Lights Looking For Leds Electrical Mods 2
Dark3 Please help, 2013 rear brake line Busa Mods 8
BusaBaker Need Help with Rear Brake Adjustment General Bike Related Topics 8
E Need some help finding a better rear brake mc General Bike Related Topics 5
JINKSTER Hey! Need a lil "Rear Brake Help" here...pretty please?... General Bike Related Topics 22
JINKSTER Rear Brake Caliper Help...pretty please?..LOL! General Bike Related Topics 14
07vigorblue Help REAR BRAKE!!! General Bike Related Topics 16
SHIRO HAYABUSA Intimidated by fluids. Help with rear brake General Bike Related Topics 17
B Rear brake line kit HELP! Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 14
vmaxbaby ** Need Help With Rear Brake Pedal & Shifter ** Gen II Busa Information 4
HayabusaLTD Rear Brake Caliper/Pads - Scary Post - Need Help Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 19
goodluck HELP PLEASE rear brake sticking General Bike Related Topics 7
Z Need help with rear brake General Bike Related Topics 6
J Rear brake stopped working Gen II Busa Information 9
ItsDooomz FS: extended rear brake line, ABS model Busa Parts and Modifications 0
mitchelldanger Why won't these Galfer Brake Pads fit back in the rear brakes? Parts and Modifications 35
B Rear brake torquelink bar General Bike Related Topics 7
Mythos Front and Rear Brake Caliper Removal, Gen 2 Hayabusa Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 1
J Rear Brake Movement Busa problems 2
B Rear brake caliper with play or rigid? General Bike Related Topics 1
Narcissus Rear Brake master cylinder rebuild - Piston seized Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 12
F Underslung Rear Brake Caliper Gen 2 Gen II Busa Information 32
N Rear Brake Resoviur Gen II Busa Information 10
N Rear Brake Resoviur Gen II Busa Information 21
piratediverjefff Rear Brake Line Gen II Busa Information 2
InfiniteReality Want your rear signals to act like running/brake lights?? Install a SMART Triple Play Gen II Busa Information 7
Nefarioc Issue with Rear brake bleeding Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 10
StenBusa Rear Brake Reservoir General Bike Related Topics 15
Dr Pain 2000 rear brake issue Busa problems 10
007MI6 2013 Rear Brake ABS Recall Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 5
LiBusa Rear (Hand) Brake Control for 03 Busa General Bike Related Topics 13
ogre modify rear brake/adjust sensor/modify shift rod after buell peg mod General Bike Related Topics 9
M Rear brake pads.. How to replace? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 5
B Rad +6 how lond of rear brake line do I need? Gen II Busa Information 4
F What is the difference between brake and rear wheel horsepower? General Bike Related Topics 14
J Rear Brake adjustment advise Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 4
P Rear brake line needed please Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 8
Mythos GenII Front and Rear Brake Fluid, Clutch Fluid Bleed/Drain Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 10
Mythos Sato Rear Brake Light Switch -? Electrical Mods 2
M Rear brake lockup Busa problems 9
P rear brake prob Busa problems 12
GNBRETT Tinted Rear Brake Lens Gen 1 General Bike Related Topics 4
WACKEM1 Rear brake adjustment Busa Mods 3
givenscg Billet rear brake reservoir??? Appearance mods 7
I remove rear brake for drag racing 1/4 Mile 15
JINKSTER Anyone gotta Gen1 Rear Brake Rotor They waana off cheap?.. General Bike Related Topics 1
Tufbusa Another Rear Brake Getoff General Bike Related Topics 17
F Question about adjusting rear brake General Bike Related Topics 26
gagesdad Rear Brake Res General Bike Related Topics 21
VTbusa77 Rear brake light not lighting up all the way Gen II Busa Information 4