We all lost a friend this week...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
A good friend of mine passed away this week. And whether you knew him or not, he was your friend, too. He was very active in the AMA and has even been to Congress to lobby for pro motorcycle legislation. He wasn't like most of us who just complain about things. He tried to make a difference for the motorcycling public.

In addition to being heavily into the AMA and riding in general, he was also President of the local Republican Party, an avid sport shooter, ex- Air Force, and just a heck of an American in general. I never saw him without a smile on his face and never hung out with him without having a smile on my face. His enthusiasm for life was something to envy. He was simply a dynamic person that you couldn't help but like. He was the kind of friend that always gave others more than they could ever give back to him.

He leaves behind a wife and son. I just wanted to post up and ask that those of you who pray send one up for them. I know they could use the support right now.
wink.gif

I went to his funeral this morning. His brother spoke at the service and told a story that tells you what kind of man Joe was. The story was about when Joe was planning one of his rides up North to an AMA Congress. He said Joe was showing him the route he had planned out and told how it was all two lane and back roads. He said he told Joe, "You're crazy, man! It will take you all day to go that route and stay on back roads. Why don't you take the interstate? You'd be there in 5 hours." He said Joe smiled and said... "The twists and turns make life more interesing."

I've gotta say, I couldn't have said it better, Joe!
super.gif

Rip bro...

So sorry to hear about this BT...thoughts with the family; such a sad time...
sad.gif

Will pray for him to RIP and for his family to have the strength to keep on going in life and deal with their loss.

Thank you for sharing, and sorry for losing a friend.
sad.gif

sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts to his friends and family.

RIP Joe.....my thoughts go out to his family.

His family and friends are in our thoughts. Sorry for the loss of your friend Chris.
sad.gif

Thanks for sharinng this, BT. Prayers go out to his family. Sounds like he was a good guy.

Back