Water!

How can we best handle drinks...

• Water hose to a cattle trough...

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Everyone pitches in a little and we offer bottled water.

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • We offer water in a large water container with cups

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Not my problem everyone should take care of themselves

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Last year one of the things that was mentioned for improvements this year was access to public water. I want to start making arrangements for these things now so we can be prepared. I have a few ideas you tell me what you think..... Here comes a new poll....

If the general consensus is bottled water then I reccomend that we get some large ice chest and put the water close by, if you take water out you put one back in. Everyone can pitch in to a paypal account that I can set up to buy ice and water....

Cap

Last edited:
you can get 24 bottles of water at Wal-mart for about $4 if you catch it on sale.

Mooooo! :laugh:

Seriously, though... I'm all for pitching in for some water bottles and a community ice chest.

OK so it sounds like I am a day late and dollar short.... I believe that Grumpy and the Mrs... have this under control.....

It's my understanding that if everyone pitches in 5 bucks or so this could all be taken care of.

Thanks Captain!

The food and drinks list is in the works and should be posted soon. There will be a paypal account set-up for those attending that will want to pay for their food and pitch in on water. More info to follow.

However, if anyone is able to purchase water and has the ability to bring it with, please PM me. We will work out the details.

John.....if you read this, PM me so we can chat.

Last edited:
I heard it Steve wants to do the dishes every night! Anyone want to back me on this one?

Sorry....Steve you're gonna have to have some other clean-up duty. I have a dishwasher already. Right Sam? :laugh:

did some at the fall bash, the wife did a lot more than me. I can, probably will. You can sit on your thrown. :rofl:

Randy will probably cook.

Sorry you drew first blood..:whistle:
Hey and if I am busy washing dishes, who is gonna keep you out of trouble?

Last edited:
did some at the fall bash, the wife did a lot more than me. I can, probably will. You can sit on your thrown. :rofl:

Randy will probably cook.

Sorry you drew first blood..:whistle:

Actually, your wife was a great help. A pleasure to talk to as well.

How did I draw blood? ??? It's all good. I can sit and delegate. After all, Randy did say I needed to do that more this time around. :laugh:

Actually, your wife was a great help. A pleasure to talk to as well.

How did I draw blood? ??? It's all good. I can sit and delegate. After all, Randy did say I needed to do that more this time around. :laugh:

Doug and I get after each other like brothers, have to be careful it does not get out of hand.

All in fun.
:laugh:

And you do need to do less and enjoy yourself

Last edited:
Doug and I get after each other like brothers, have to be careful it does not get out of hand.

All in fun.
:laugh:

I took it as good fun....don't worry.

That position has been filled though....:laugh: When something isn't broken why fix it?

Wow the year went by fast...

Spring Bash is zooming in like a bird of prey already..

I know this thread was about beverage but it is on my list here along with a few other things we are working on for spring bash..

Although it is a bit early yet for hard core planning (due to the economy and many people not knowing if they are "for sure" yet on attending)
I am on an "early" list of the things we are fixing/changing at Grumpys Diner :)

We are going to streamline the menu a bit because of the sheer amount of food (300 lbs of chicken, beef, dogs, brauts) at last bash (we only had some chicken left over)

Dropped are "full chicken breasts" as they took to long to cook and dried out..

Seems everyone found a marinated "Chicken/Beef tip" variety they liked.. They also cooked quickly, stayed pretty moist and we had NO leftovers.. (Sound ok?)

There are 2 new items on the "add" list but need group input here.. Lasagna and Shrimp are on the short list.. (I will poll in late February as people figure out if they are attending..)

Beverages:
we did have a surplus of "beverage" after bash last year.. Pretty sure "water" was not one of them... But I DO NEED SOME HELP yet on the this side..

Ice Chests:
I need at least three 120 Qt + coolers.. (1 water, 1 soft drink, 1 "other")

We only had the 1 large "un-insulated" cooler last bash and it killed us on ice costs..(not to mention too hard to find what you wanted) IF you can provide 1 or more of these monster coolers... PLEASE let me know!

Beverage donations:
although we had excess beverage by the end of bash, water was on the short list of what we needed more of.. (we had WAY too much beer, go figure)

We did have a number of people donate $$ towards the beverage fund (8 to be precise) and a few brought some beverage down (sorry I have no idea who or how many on this)... I did purchase 12 cases of soft drinks and Dave brought at least another 8.. of this we had maybe 2 cases surplus.. (don’t you guys like "Snapple?) :laugh:

The $$$ for the beverages also needs to cover the "ice" and we had to rob the food fund for most of this cash.. I am thinking we spent about at least $120 on ice (and we had a few good Samaritans bail us out on this as well so I do not have a full accounting on ice costs) I have this addressed for this bash I hope..

Of course "Bash" is about the "riding" and friends but for the FIRST TIME we did break even on food/beverage at last bash...

THIS TIME.. I would Really like to be a few bucks ahead so we can compensate Dave (DNGrumpy) for some of the UNBELIEVABLE effort he puts out on the food program.. (for those that do not know, he tows a dedicated trailer just for the kitchen/food and hospitality stuff...) We would be so S.O.L. without him on this.. I also know that without GixerHPs help we would be toast as well... these 2 guys are why we get to eat so well! We will not even touch on the rest of the "volunteers" as I know I will miss someone and last thing I need is to get beat up for forgetting..
ALSO:
There are a few things on the table for Spring Bash and the food and I should have some information up by the end of February or early March (We need rough head counts and I know it is far to early for many to commit at this point) But this should be the best Bash yet for food and drink :)

An early menu for spring bash currently includes "Shrimp" for Friday night.. as well as the Rib Eye steaks... more on that in March..

Anyway IF you can commit to a large cooler (and you get to keep anything in it on Sunday morning) PLEASE let me know so I can take it off my list..

Ok I know long post, sorry.. stay tuned for the First of March post on specifics ..

Is it spring yet?....

Back