Water Pump

_01

Registered
so i have been asking alot of questions lately. learning more and more about the bike. thanks to all of your guys knowledge. well the bolt on my water pump broke off. so i go to pull the water pump off and i notice where it sits in the engine on the lower side it looks like a piece is broke off. not the water pump but the actual engine itself. i saw another picture of a guy that had his bike apart and it looked the same. so im wondering if thats normal. also how to get that damn brok bolt out??:banghead:frustrating. i had the clutch pushrod out and as i was drilling i saw a very small piece of metal shaving fly in there. my luck. so i threw the rod back in after trying to get it out. i hope it doesnt hurt anything.

wait...you think a piece of your engine case is broken?! I terms of getting a sheared bolt out, I'd recommend getting a can of penetrating catalyst and some easy outs and be very patient....worst case scenario is having to drill and recreate threads with a helicoil of welding and tapping new threads. Toss up some pics of what you're looking at and hopefully we can help advise you better! :)

Back