Gear Box and Water Pump

btreaves

Registered
Recently my water pump was leaking engine oil out of it, but only when the motor was running or when I was riding it. I took it to the dealer while it was under warrenty and the dealer said the water pump was bad, so they replaced the entire water pump under warrenty.

Ever since I got it back the transmission/gear box is so much smoother when I shift. I mean it shifts like a hot knife through butter. It's so smoove that it makes me wonder if something is wrong, but I don't really think there is. I just don't understand how the water pump would affect the shifting.

My question is...How would the water pump replacement make the bike shift so much smoother. Don't get me wrong it didn't shift like $hit before, but it definitely wasn't anywhere near as smooth as it is now.

Anybody got any thoughts.

Thanks!

the only explenation i have that when you have to replace your water pump you have to drain the oil & coolant, so you have new oil in your bike now, the transmission will shift smooth always when you have new oil. until your oil brakes down. how often you do oil change on your busa?

Back