warranty question

nappy05

Registered
Has anyone had a issue with a warranty claim because there bike has race gas in it. I have a bike that is piped & pc by a well known tuner and have had it at the dealership every 1000 miles for a oil change but the race gas seems to void my warranty
firedevil.gif

how do they know it is race gas? did they sample it and send it out for analysis? if not, **** them. if you told them it was, ask to see the documentation where it was sampled and analyzed by them. they cant and wont prove ****...

said they could smell it . I just want to know if i have a leg to stand on here any help would be appreciated

Thats going to be a tough one to prove. Its easy for guys here to say one thing but when the dealer says they smell it and get the Suzuki area rep involved he is going to smell it also. Difference of night and day. I would push pretty hard back but I would think that puts you out of warranty. Thats my .02 Good luck my friend!!

So, what's the problem that gas caused. And that's the crux of the matter, they (the dealer) has to prove that the gas did the damage that caused the bike to not be covered. FIGHT BACK !!!  
beerchug.gif

Stealerships void warranties because they think that you'll pay them to fix your scoot. You'll pay more than the manufacturer does so their profit is greater and paperwork is less and they get paid faster.
Poor business ethics IMO. Unfortunately you call Suzuki and they'll seldom go against the dealership because it is less money THEY have to spend.
Best bet is to take your bike back, run the fuel out of it, put in pump gas and go to another dealer. IF you ever go back simply mention your grattitude for forcing you to go elsewhere because your NEW Dealership treated you GREAT and you didn't know how nice it could be to deal with a dealership until you were forced to go elsewhere. Mentioning taking a few friends there to buy bikes from them is always a good touch. This usually has the best effect in front of the store's GM or Owner.
It just MAY get this warranty denial stuff to stop!

(MoosesBusa @ Sep. 13 2006,17:20) Stealerships void warranties because they think that you'll pay them to fix your scoot. You'll pay more than the manufacturer does so their profit is greater and paperwork is less and they get paid faster.
Poor business ethics IMO. Unfortunately you call Suzuki and they'll seldom go against the dealership because it is less money THEY have to spend.

+1,
I always hear "the dealership voided my warrenty because of" (all kinds of dumb reasons)

Dealerships CAN NOT void your warranty.

Only Suzuki (the manufacturer) can.

And then only for abuse or misuse.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
P1495

What kind of problem are you haveing with your bike? Call Suzuki and ask them what they think about race gas in the bike and tell them that the dealer won't even look at it. Suzuki in CA 714-572-1490

(nappy05 @ Sep. 13 2006,14:27) Has anyone had a issue with a warranty claim because there bike has race gas in it. I have a bike that is piped & pc by a well known tuner and have had it at the dealership every 1000 miles for a oil change but the race gas seems to void my warranty
firedevil.gif
Some of these dealers....

Back