Warnings on motorcycle part packages that have saved your life?

jphilipson

Registered
So I was opening the packaging for my new EK ZZZ chain that came today, and was a little hungry. Just as I was about to slurp down the little package of grease in with the connecting link, I noticed the following warning on the package. Phew!

"Chain grease, do not eat"

Seriously, who the hell are these warnings aimed at? If there is anyone out there either working on or riding something that needs a motorcycle chain (530 at that!) that would eat something out of the chain package, then we have more pressing things to worry about :please:

So my wife bought a new curling iron the other day and it had a warning labor that said not intended for use within bodily cavities.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

So my wife bought a new curling iron the other day and it had a warning labor that said not intended for use within bodily cavities.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well, see that I could understand? Ok, maybe not. :laugh:

So some arsehat out there stuck hot curling iron once where it didn't belong, and now every package needs a warning. He probably sued them too ...

Well, see that I could understand? Ok, maybe not. :laugh:

So some arsehat out there stuck hot curling iron once where it didn't belong, and now every package needs a warning. He probably sued them too ...

Some times I think the rules/notifications/warnings are in place because people generally are STUUUUPID and dont think before taking action. Other times I think rules/notifications/warnings are there because people are azzhats and our legal system is farked enough to allow people to take legal action for their own stupidity.

Generally I think to answer your question, our nation has too many stupid, lazy people that either cant think for themselves or cant take accountability for their own dumb actions.

Ever met someone or saw someone read that label and audibly said "well crap there goes that idea" :laugh:

A curling iron inside a body cavity(?) would flipping hurt!
Ouch....just thinking about that. Thank you Lil Charlie for planting an image in my head that will never leave.......ouch again!

The grease thing is strange because you would think again I say you would think anyone who could read that would already be smart enough to not eat chain grease? But I guess some may think that they are giving away candy with chains?

And the worst part is I can't get the taste of this chain grease out of my mouth.. even tried a hot curling iron, no luck.

I bought a heat gun a while back to warm up dirt bike tires before I changed them. Instruction booklet was 10 pages, 2 devoted to the operation of the heat gun, and the other 8 pages were various warnings.

The reasons those rules and warnings are posted on everything is that sometime somewhere some idiot tried it and was hurt or killed.

yep, they write that crap because they have either been sued or think that can be when some tard does it. With a warning they can at least say "Moron, i told you so". Its like that lady who sued Mc D's a few years back because the coffee she bought burned her. Now they have a label that says contents hot....Well no crap its hot, its coffee. I want to have the job where the guys is sitting in a room with new products thinking how can I hurt myself with this and come up with the stupid labels.

:laugh:

safetylabeltf6.jpg

I still like hearing about all the darwin award winners that shot themselfs while they were "cleaning their gun." Now why on earth would you check to see if it was loaded before you point it at your foot/leg and pull the trigger while your cleaning it??? I must be silly for checking to make sure its unloaded before doing anything with it besides shooting it. :rulez:

Back