Wanna come back

I have been riding a Harley for the last 5 years and thinking about switching back to a Hayabusa. My last one was an ‘07 and I missed the hell out of it. I’m 52 right now and people think I’m crazy for doing so but hey it’s my life and I want to get back to the one I love. Any advice or opinion on this? Thanks.
I'm 47, & I rode a v-max for a few years & then in 03 got a Hyabusa. Never looked back, mine is bone stock and fast as well? my hands still shake at work for a while after my ride. Love my Copper 03, RESPECT the power of these bikes! if you don't they will bite you!

Whichever bike speaks to you is the one you should ride. I bought mine at age 56 but I’d been riding on the street since the 60s. My brother is 75 and he’s been riding Harley’s all his life. He still rides his Dyna. What makes you happy is what’s important.
Totally agree, I ride a 03 Busa when I want to go holy poop that was awesome! then the Cruiser when I just need a mellow freeway adventure!

I was in the same boat. Growing up, I was always drawn to sportbikes and owned quite a few of them. When I hit my 40s, I decided I was getting too old to be zipping around on a crotch rocket, so I purchased a Harley Road King. It was a nice and very comfortable bike which I truly enjoyed... but it never really satisfied my need for speed, something that has always been a big part of what I love about motorcycles. So I sold the thing and bought a Gen 2 Hayabusa AND a Gen 2 Vmax, both of which put a huge grin on my nearly 50 y/o face.

The way I see it, ya only live once. Someone else said it perfectly. Ride whatever you truly enjoy. Age be damned.

1640009677971.png

Last edited:
I'm 56. Just bought a BMW S1000RR and I'm loving it. I don't feel like I have to be out on it every day or anything but it is frighteningly fast and I love it! (EDIT: I should say, I bought that thing last year!)

If I die on a motorcycle, it will dying doing something I love doing. Never feel bad for me on that.

--Wag--

I'm 56. Just bought a BMW S1000RR and I'm loving it. I don't feel like I have to be out on it every day or anything but it is frighteningly fast and I love it!

If I die on a motorcycle, it will dying doing something I love doing. Never feel bad for me on that.

--Wag--
They are a serious bike in the world of serious bikes...

They are a serious bike in the world of serious bikes...
That they are, Sir. I first rode one at the local dealership. They were doing a "test drive" so I took on out for about a hour, as I recall, and had a real blast with it. Promised myself I would get one eventually and now, here I am!

--Wag--

That they are, Sir. I first rode one at the local dealership. They were doing a "test drive" so I took on out for about a hour, as I recall, and had a real blast with it. Promised myself I would get one eventually and now, here I am!

--Wag--
The previous owner of my bike went to an S1KRR and loves it...he said he missed the 'ol Bumblebee sometimes though...

One of my neighbors just bought one last spring...was supposed to get an M but they asked if he would settle for an S as they were short of M bikes....they said they would sweeten the pot quite a bit for his inconvenience........and they did that....

Looks like up to 200kms/hr it is all rider then the S1K takes over....

I'm 72 have Harleys, a Hayabusa and some real race bikes.
You'll be fine. Old age is in your head - and sometimes your knees.
Go for it.

Back