Walmart U.S. Refreshes Stores' Logo

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Story on Walmart's website

For the past two years, a customer focused transformation has been taking place in Walmart's U.S. business.

Walmart's U.S. locations will update store logos as part of an ongoing evolution of its overall brand - customers have already seen this in refreshed store signage and recent print advertisements and TV commercials.

But what really matters is what happens out there in the stores. This update to the logo is simply a reflection of the refresh taking place inside our stores and our renewed sense of purpose to help people save money so they can live better.

The updated logo won't begin to appear on storefronts until the fall.

In its 46-year history, Wal-Mart has freshened up its logo on a number of occasions. Its last revision was in 1992.

Wal_Mart_Stores_U_S__800x600_.jpg

Interesting, didn't know they had changed it before. Then again I didn't know they had a 46 year history...

Exactly. http://www.walmartmovie.com/

I support Costco - better pay and employee treatment overall VS Walmart/Sam's.
Walmart IMHO helped the sellout of American manufacturing to China.
Now everyone had to do it as well to compete.
I refuse to shop there.

This is the real logo and the reason for the sudden change in their image being necessary.

walmartmovie-title-wallshadow.png

Understanding what Walmart has done.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh....fi.html

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Wal-Mart gets its economic power because it is a gateway to the U.S. consumer. Wal-Mart is the largest retailer in the United States. It's the largest employer in the United States. The demand for Wal-Mart stores is what provides China and other countries in Asia with their access to the most powerful capitalist economy in the world. So Wal-Mart is providing a gateway into the American economy for overseas suppliers in China and elsewhere, and it's doing it on a scale that is unprecedented. No company has had the kind of economic power that Wal-Mart does, to be able to source products from around the world. ... Wal-Mart is able to transfer whole U.S. industries to overseas economies.[/quote]

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Well, for example, Wal-Mart is the number one supplier in the United States for clothing, for sporting goods, for groceries, for toys. So in a sense, Wal-Mart controls the fate of these U.S. industries in terms of where it's making its purchasing decisions. In the past, those products used to come from the United States. Today, those products come from overseas.

In 1995, 6 percent of Wal-Mart's total merchandise was imported. Today, in 2004, 60 percent of Wal-Mart's total merchandise is imported. That is a dramatic shift that is really taking jobs from the U.S. economy to overseas economies, and Wal-Mart, therefore, becomes the gatekeeper, in many ways, to the U.S. economy.[/quote]

Wal-Mart has life-or-death decision [power] over all the consumer goods industries that exist in the United States, because it is the number one supplier, retailer of most of our consumer goods -- goods like not just clothes, shoes, toys, but home appliances, electronic products, sporting goods, bicycles, groceries, food. Wal-Mart goes from high-tech products down to the most essential items we have in the United States, and it's in a commanding position in all of these different industries.[/quote]

If anyone can't figure out the ramifications that are on the fence here....
Then you need to take some time to delve into the major economic impact
and power this Global corporation has gained in the last 10-15 years especially.

The US Market is being liquidated.......slowly but assuredly.

I don't really shop at wally world that much anyways, but I also didn't realize how much of thier product is imported now. That's a sad state of affairs. In the end though, it's all about who can grab the most money. And for some people a couple Billion just isn't enough, they need more....

it doesn't matter. unlike the old LOCALE world, the new connected world will be come one large unit without boundries. the old generation will die off with it's "Only within our borders" ways, and the replacement generation won't even know to care about the difference. it's just how it goes. outsourcing, world markets... it's no longer about sales in your neighbor hood to your family and friends, it's about GLOBAL marketing and that is not about to reverse.

why do you think Walmart is so successful? SOMEONE is shopping there, and they'll continue to do so, barking about stuff made in China on their way to the closest Walmart to save $.04 on jeans. it's our hypocritical lifestyle we are so trained to ignore

I don't think the 10 of us NOT shopping there will make any kind of dent in the world market

My wife has been a manager at one of our local walmarts for 12 years. I keep telling her to find a better job, but she is too comfortable where she is. The pay isn't good at all and the upper management sucks.

Back