Vortex Strikefire

Haya01B

Registered
Any body have any experience with the Vortex Red Dot scope. I am strongly considering this as opposed to the Aimpoint because it retails at $179.00 and can be found as low as $149.00 for my AR. I saving for a Aimpoint, but when came across this system I was amazed at the features like 2000hr battery life, NV compatible and 2hr auto shut off which is nice features when the cost is factored in. I am also amazed at the life time unlimited condition warranty that come with it:shocked:

Vortex - Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Scope

never heard of it. Next optic I get is a trijicon acog. Then maybe an eotech. I don't really car for the red dot for a rifle.
Posted via Mobile Device

My AR rifle is a SBR(10.5" barrel) so I won't be using it for long range any way. I have a buddy that has eotech on his M&P. It's nice but I did not find it worth the money that they go for. I will probably go with a scope on my sks and ak but they will probably be russian manufacture scopes.

Last edited:
Look around for used deals. I got my aimpoint for less than a 100 with a junk mount. Then put it in a gg&g accucam mount. I can't remember model specifically but I think it was a compM2 4moa. All name brand optics are pricey.

Would I put that kind of money into a non name brand prob not but if you do just get a good cantilever mount and it'll help.
Sorry no exp with brand but you may wanna check out ncstar, don't know if they have a red dot but I got a couple products of theirs dirt cheap and have actually surprised me how well they work.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have seen the Trijicon on ebay but I looked at warranty info and it said zippo. So I am kind of skeptical about buying optics like that used. It's like a 50/50 chance you will either come out good or get screwed. With my luck! I rather buy the off brand with life time warranty and be on the safe side.

I almost bought a used Teknic leather jacket off eBay and the seller kept saying it was a 50-60 size that was XXL and would fit size 50-60. As I kept looking at it I saw another jacket and the first size is US and the other some other country. I would have been screwed because he was not going to take it back!

Yea. I buy mostly from local forums when it comes to used big ticket items. A lot of close knit forums with established members are usually safe. I can't see where your from but you could check out the forum I use. Okshooters.com lots of stuff goes up for sale there. Also there's the norms like gunbroker and auction arms but there's rarely deals to be had on any auction site these days same for gun shows.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have been through most of the popular sights and optics including the Acog,Eotech and Aipoint red dot sights.I have a Strikefire mounted on one of my AR's now and I hve been very happy with it.Mine has the green and red dot and is also set up for night vision and all functions work well.Very good product for the money.

Well I had been wanting one for around 15yrs or so before I finally just took a chance at it. I went with LMT because they are contracted with the military and their process is very closely monitored. There are some draw backs to me about the AR platform like with the charging system having to sometime possibly bumping the bolt forward. It seems a bit busy compared to the AK. I have heard a few rumors about the piston systems failing in the field and users reverting back to the gas system. Something about the piston freezing which does not surprise me because it is a copy of the SKS system which is a little bit more loose in tolerance compared to the piston AR. That is why AK and SKS type rifles work in harsh conditions better.

I think or hope I will enjoy the LMT SBR. Anyway it will be my little expensive toy that hopefully will retain some sort of value. So far it has drained about $1,600 of of me and counting. If I had the money to throw away I would have gotten a semi auto PKM or a Black Arrow 50 cal made by Zastava.

I was searching the net and found a neat little trick to adjust my front sight with an pencil eraser. It worked just fine with no damage to the rifle and I did not even have to spend $12 for a special tool!

Back