Ok Ar gunners lets see your optics.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
0-300yds or so Sbr sight/optic.
Not interested in rifle scopes as they do not work for cqb or both eyes open instinctive shooting.

Have owned many but its been awhile.
So I'm reading and leaning alot toward the Trijicon srs.

>>> SRS <<<

Also looking at another Aimpoint Comp w/2moa dot for more accuracy.
Not really interested in Eotechs.
I may get another Acog but don't really need a 600yd bracket and the 2x Acog doesn't really do much for me.

Anyone got any other suggestions?
What are y'all using?

Here's what I use.. You must be too old to see the sights, huh? :laugh:
AR15_Sight_Picture.jpg

Actually Bots I can still see pretty well and used open sights on my Garands and M1 at 800/1000 before competing.

But on Ars iron sights are now referred to as BUIS(back up iron sights) and I would like something to accompany them.
2974A8DF-C2A3-435F-B473-F0872EB19A3D-5354-00000804193B3016.jpg

Big troublemaker smart alecky....

You don't like EOTechs, so I am out...

There are a lot of ppl who like aimpoint pros...

Older EoTech with 3x magnifier on a flip to side mount. ARMS 40L Mounted under magnifier.
IMG_1969edit.jpg

Don't like the reticle
Don't like the open optic design
Too many reported battery compartment issues
Large
Dot not precise enough for accurate shooting past 100yds

I use a Nikon P-223. Really happy with it so far.

Tell me more. I've had Nikons before and saw one of those at a gun show recently. Seemed nice but I couldn't really handle it as the rifle it was on was chained to all the others on table. :(

629CA1F7-891D-4E03-B995-A88BE0523A28-5638-00000842983A9B23.jpg

Can't say who uses them, I researched @ the time I purchased, found allot of favorable reviews, lifetime warranty, 2moa at smallest setting, handles 44 mag recoil , nice groups @ 50 yards on the AR, can't say I got it real wet.. I use it allot & like it. I put rails on my Redhawk and a couple of Marlins (44 & 444) so I can move it around between guns. Fun set up. Made in Japan

Don't like the reticle
Don't like the open optic design
Too many reported battery compartment issues
Large
Dot not precise enough for accurate shooting past 100yds

I do not agree:

I love the optic design, and if you turn down the brightness, it's got a sharper dot than any of the other products and I've found it to be VERY accurate. My question would be, what do you intend to engage past 100 yards with an SBR, anyway? If you are looking for a longer range optic, then I suggest it's not going on an SBR - total mismatch.

AGOG's are great optics, but a decent one is about 1.5x an Eotech. I've got an old Aimpoint, and I like the EOTech reticle (just the single 1 MO encircled dot) best.

Let's think about the purpose of your SBR; Close-range CQB Home Defense, correct? So, the qualities of the optic for that rifle you are looking for is: Easy on or always-on, both eyes open, quick sight picture and target acquisition...

The EOtech's advantage is that is has GREAT sight pic and target acquisition, and both eyes open. It's disadvantage is it's weight and battery life (not so good for leaving on all the time). I've read that those who favor the Aimpoint for SBR's rave about the lightness and 600 hr battery life (they just leave it on all the time).

If you want a long-range reticle/scope, put it on a rifle with a barrel long enough to have some ballistics to it.

Tell me more. I've had Nikons before and saw one of those at a gun show recently. Seemed nice but I couldn't really handle it as the rifle it was on was chained to all the others on table. :(

629CA1F7-891D-4E03-B995-A88BE0523A28-5638-00000842983A9B23.jpg

They claim accuarcy out to 600 yards with the carbine recticle. I wont shoot that far, but zero at say 100 yards and the recticle is preset to be zeroed at 200, 300, and 400 yards. Free online support to support ballistic match to the the scope. Open windage and elevation towers, short eye relief, and pretty darn good light gathering capability. Like I said, I really like and am impressed so far, much better than the the red dot I had on it.

I do not agree:

I love the optic design, and if you turn down the brightness, it's got a sharper dot than any of the other products and I've found it to be VERY accurate. My question would be, what do you intend to engage past 100 yards with an SBR, anyway? If you are looking for a longer range optic, then I suggest it's not going on an SBR - total mismatch.

AGOG's are great optics, but a decent one is about 1.5x an Eotech. I've got an old Aimpoint, and I like the EOTech reticle (just the single 1 MO encircled dot) best.

Let's think about the purpose of your SBR; Close-range CQB Home Defense, correct? So, the qualities of the optic for that rifle you are looking for is: Easy on or always-on, both eyes open, quick sight picture and target acquisition...

The EOtech's advantage is that is has GREAT sight pic and target acquisition, and both eyes open. It's disadvantage is it's weight and battery life (not so good for leaving on all the time). I've read that those who favor the Aimpoint for SBR's rave about the lightness and 600 hr battery life (they just leave it on all the time).

If you want a long-range reticle/scope, put it on a rifle with a barrel long enough to have some ballistics to it.

Barrel on my gun is 14.5in. Tests I've read show 1-1.5in groups at 100 and 3-5in at 300.
I want to be able to see my target without it being covered by the dot or reticle.
Just never really been a fan of the Eotechs.

Back