Voodoo Full exhaust Dyno(coming soon)

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I'm curious. You ever end up getting the bike tuned and dynod?
There was a thread made a year ot two ago where the guy put thr full exhaust on and had the dyno numbers but I can't find it right now. He even made a YouTube video because a bunch of people told him it was garbage but for what it was if I recall he didn't do too bad but definitely wasn't the power u see from the other exhausts. Ive decided if im going single sided when I upgrade my exhaust it's gonna be the yoshimura alpha I just like the look and honestly even tho it seems brocks makes thr most power I want something a little different and seems every busa I see had a brocks.

There was a thread made a year ot two ago where the guy put thr full exhaust on and had the dyno numbers but I can't find it right now. He even made a YouTube video because a bunch of people told him it was garbage but for what it was if I recall he didn't do too bad but definitely wasn't the power u see from the other exhausts. Ive decided if im going single sided when I upgrade my exhaust it's gonna be the yoshimura alpha I just like the look and honestly even tho it seems brocks makes thr most power I want something a little different and seems every busa I see had a brocks.
Between my friends and I we have run a LOT of exhausts at the track on stock motor gen-2 Busas. I can tell you in the real world there is no noticeable difference in all the exhausts we have run with the exception of one Hindle pipe that had a smaller diameter midpipe. All the rest, including a stock pipe with the mufflers and midpipes removed all ran the same MPH when the bikes are at the same weight. 150-152 in the quarter with me on them. There is no magic pipe for a stock motor. Sure, you can put a gigantic sidewinder on a stock motor or a small street pipe on a 1635 cc monster and have a bad combination but otherwise get the exhaust you like.

i like the Alpha T as well I'm just wondering if it's going to be too loud for my taste, It sounds sweet but could get old on longer rides for me. I like being stealth and not having law enforcement hearing me ripping and waiting for me at the other end lol. Still debating before pulling the trigger but ready to get this stock exhaust off.

Between my friends and I we have run a LOT of exhausts at the track on stock motor gen-2 Busas. I can tell you in the real world there is no noticeable difference in all the exhausts we have run with the exception of one Hindle pipe that had a smaller diameter midpipe. All the rest, including a stock pipe with the mufflers and midpipes removed all ran the same MPH when the bikes are at the same weight. 150-152 in the quarter with me on them. There is no magic pipe for a stock motor. Sure, you can put a gigantic sidewinder on a stock motor or a small street pipe on a 1635 cc monster and have a bad combination but otherwise get the exhaust you like.
Wouldn't a bike need to be tuned for a specific pipe to see gains? I would imagine that different types of pipe (4-2-1, 4-1, sidewinder, etc) would respond to different tunes. I know different header designs make different power. Plus, did you guys swap out the entire exhausts? Or just the mids to muffler(s)?
Not doubting you, just want to understand more.

My experience is Brocks do put out more power generally of than the usual suspects. I happen to love the Yoshi R77 but it is 5-8 hp less than the Brocks. Maybe 5-8 hp doesn't mean much at the track but all things equal it would mean a win.

Wouldn't a bike need to be tuned for a specific pipe to see gains? I would imagine that different types of pipe (4-2-1, 4-1, sidewinder, etc) would respond to different tunes. I know different header designs make different power. Plus, did you guys swap out the entire exhausts? Or just the mids to muffler(s)?
Not doubting you, just want to understand more.
I'm comparing multiple stock bikes with different exhausts. We have run several Brocks pipes, Murray, Muzzy, V&H, Hindle.

Tune for every pipe? In theory, sure. I can tell you from my experience that 12.8 to 13.2 AFR makes no difference in performance at the track. I spent a whole summer with my wideband logger trying to improve on a tune that I got from a similar bike (on a reputable dyno) and did not accomplish anything. It is my go-to tune for a stock Gen-2 with an aftermarket pipe. Put it in and forget it. In theory you should tune every day as the air is different but we know that doesn't happen.

In the end, my opinion is that any given Gen-2 in good running order will perform the same as any other with the same mods. Most single sided street pipes will perform the same as each other, on any of the bikes. Pick the one you like and go with it. I know it is popular to say every bike is different and needs a specific tune just for that bike, (even two identical bikes with the same pipe) but again if we don't tune every day and even during the day as conditions change we never are really spot-on, right? This is one advantage to an aftermarket ECU that has closed loop Lambda correction.

I'm comparing multiple stock bikes with different exhausts. We have run several Brocks pipes, Murray, Muzzy, V&H, Hindle.

Tune for every pipe? In theory, sure. I can tell you from my experience that 12.8 to 13.2 AFR makes no difference in performance at the track. I spent a whole summer with my wideband logger trying to improve on a tune that I got from a similar bike (on a reputable dyno) and did not accomplish anything. It is my go-to tune for a stock Gen-2 with an aftermarket pipe. Put it in and forget it. In theory you should tune every day as the air is different but we know that doesn't happen.

In the end, my opinion is that any given Gen-2 in good running order will perform the same as any other with the same mods. Most single sided street pipes will perform the same as each other, on any of the bikes. Pick the one you like and go with it. I know it is popular to say every bike is different and needs a specific tune just for that bike, (even two identical bikes with the same pipe) but again if we don't tune every day and even during the day as conditions change we never are really spot-on, right? This is one advantage to an aftermarket ECU that has closed loop Lambda correction.
Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying. I get what you mean now. Thanks.
I'm not sure I agree that a/f makes no difference at the track, how many numbers are you looking at? Hell, barometric pressure changes things in my experience, but we can agree that most pipes are close enough to throw a blanket over in most applications.
Thanks for responding.

Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying. I get what you mean now. Thanks.
I'm not sure I agree that a/f makes no difference at the track, how many numbers are you looking at? Hell, barometric pressure changes things in my experience, but we can agree that most pipes are close enough to throw a blanket over in most applications.
Thanks for responding.
I didn't say AFR makes no difference, but rather tuning between 12.8 and 13.2 doesn't show a difference for me. The point was that I don't feel dyno tuning every pipe on every bike is a must. For sure 11.5 is going to be a pig and 14.0 is going to surge. I have a Kestrel weather meter and mostly watch DA and grains of water. Water does go into the calculation of DA but it seems the same DA with different grains yields different results. Barometric pressure makes a difference and is part of DA. All pipes will be affected by weather change so that makes no difference in which pipe a person should get.

I didn't say AFR makes no difference, but rather tuning between 12.8 and 13.2 doesn't show a difference for me. The point was that I don't feel dyno tuning every pipe on every bike is a must. For sure 11.5 is going to be a pig and 14.0 is going to surge. I have a Kestrel weather meter and mostly watch DA and grains of water. Water does go into the calculation of DA but it seems the same DA with different grains yields different results. Barometric pressure makes a difference and is part of DA. All pipes will be affected by weather change so that makes no difference in which pipe a person should get.
That's fair, thanks for clarifying. The kestrel setup is handy for sure.

Back