Visiting

Hi Frisbee,

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone and can't remember anything!  Sorry!  Are you the guy that I approached and offered all the cash I had in my wallet for the leather pants you won?
Or are you the one who gave me a silver cross and you have Godspeed on your license plate?  You know, they say that the first thing to go is the mind.  Well, don't believe it.  First, it's the body, THEN the mind!

is that some fliped up road kill of does your kat have a tail?
laugh.gif
I'm impressed.  Nothing gets by you, huh?  Yup, it's my tail.   It flips back and forth in the wind.  Anything for more visibility.  During the Christmas season, I wore battery operated Christmas lights wrapped around me.  It kind of backfired on New Year's Eve when a drunk driver fixated on my lights.  It wasn't a smart thing to ride on New Year's Eve, but I couldn't resist the dry day and a little quiet time.
sorry to hear about new years eve
sad.gif
but cool tail
cool.gif

Hi Frisbee,

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone and can't remember anything!  Sorry!  Are you the guy that I approached and offered all the cash I had in my wallet for the leather pants you won?
Or are you the one who gave me a silver cross and you have Godspeed on your license plate?  You know, they say that the first thing to go is the mind.  Well, don't believe it.  First, it's the body, THEN the mind!
I'm both those guys!!

Holy cow! My skills for people recognition are bad, but that's REALLY bad. I'm shocked that you're the same person. I remember your face from receiving the cross, but had no idea you were the pants person. In that case, I owe you my gratitude twice! So thanks and thanks again. It really is a small world. You're in the Tacoma area. If you ever want to go for an easy ride just yell. I could learn a lot!

Welcome to the board,get the busa,add a tobin and set of lowering links and you'll be set.

Welcome to the board,get the busa,add a tobin and set of lowering links and you'll be set.
Thanks for the welcome. You forgot to add the part about the tobin, lowering links AND the skill level required to handle a Busa safely...
AAAssjani.gif
I'm assuming you've been riding a while,it'll just be getting accustomed to the size of the busa and slowing it down,its a big,heavy bike.Its a transition I'm sure you're up to.

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but reading Neeley's recent post (Posted this morning about the killer road he found.) is just another reminder to pay attention to my limitations.  I have a lot of respect for people who can ride them and use self control to stay safe. They are a hot looking bike, but they're are out of my league!

what is a terv?
You get the curiosity and assertiveness award!  I had been riding with a group of people and all wanted to know what a terv was, but no one would ask until one brave soul did almost 6 months later.  LOL  Terv is short for Belgian Tervuren.  A high drive, intelligent breed of dog that looks a bit Shepherd like and a bit wolfie.  I'll always have a dog of this breed.  We do agility training, obedience training, animal assisted therapy at the hospitals and schools and they are great herding dog.  Definitely, not a breed for beginners.  Kind of like the Busa of dogs!!  Aren't you glad you asked?  
smile.gif

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but reading Neeley's recent post (Posted this morning about the killer road he found.) is just another reminder to pay attention to my limitations.  I have a lot of respect for people who can ride them and use self control to stay safe. They are a hot looking bike, but they're are out of my league!
Vena - you are WAY too modest girl. I've ridden with you and with all the track days you've had since I saw you I'm sure you are up for the challenge. Lowering will be a must for you but if you make the change to a Busa I guarantee you won't be sorry!!!

PS: Went riding today - I hope you did too! It was gorgeous out here in the PNW!!!! You have to grab those days when you can get them.

No, Pit Bulls are the Busa of dogs. Dont try and steal mine either , but i'll galdy accept any vet services you want to pay for.
wink.gif

Then again my female is more like a GSX-R1000 ..unrelenting and never , ever stops.
She is like a Piranna...she might be 45lbs tops but she could take down a 200 lb dog...seriously.
This dog costs me hundred of dollars in play toys every few months. She has been impossible to train, she is 2.5 now and there is no end in sight.

My 12yo male on the other hand was trained by the time he was 2.5 , he has been a joy to own ever since. He aint no puss either..he is strong, very confident and a loving companion.

Any ideas on how to train a dog who just wont be trained? Maybe I just got unlucky and got a Pit with some bad blood.
I am fairly good with dogs , I trained my male just fine , even though it was quite a bit of work.

Vena I would love to see one of your TERV's one of these days. They sound like great dogs. BV - Some dogs are just stubborn. I'm certainly no expert by any means. Pits are good dogs and I think they have an unfair reputation of being too aggressive. It doesn't matter what breed, some dogs are just hard to train. Just like kids!!!!!!!

Any ideas on how to train a dog who just wont be trained? Maybe I just got unlucky and got a Pit with some bad blood.
I am fairly good with dogs , I trained my male just fine , even though it was quite a bit of work.
Sorry, Bent Valve, but I still think Tervurens are the Busas of bikes. I think Pitbulls are equivalent to drag bikes. They are the fastest, quickest, meanest bikes with one purpose. Pitbulls are awesome sweet dogs that get a bad rap, but I have seen them so incredibly focused on one thing that it's almost impossible to stop them once they've made a decision. I have been able to use voice command to break up a dog fight between my Tervuren and other dogs. Most dogs quit. Could most pits quit in the heat of the battle? My 80 year old mother in law has always had pits and all of them have been extremely sweet, adorable and trustworthy.

Throw your training problem my way and I'll see if I can help.

Back