Virtual Racing

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
This Christmas our family got an X box Elite, so since then I've purchased two steering wheels and pedals and love a game called Forza 2....racing at tracks around the world in my Cobra, Viper and Ferrari!

When my long time friend (we both used to do track days @ Willow on Gsxr 1000's) from SoCal learned that I do this, he humbly stated, "cool Doyle, I'm a virtual racer too, here's a pic of my rig".

62" screen and the pic tells the rest, I don't think I'll ever get to his level! (also he's Cal champ in Autocross as well) Raydog

IMGP0063.jpg

That is awesome! I would love to have a setup like that. At one time, Game Stop had a cheap version of that. It was sold in a kit form for around $200.

I use my humble little PS2 and Granturismo3 for some fun.....the used game cost 4.26....
There is one race series in the beginner leauge...Turbo Miata special stage 11 that i just can't win and driving me nut's. ???

yep, that would be fun. we used to do the NASCAR virtual racing at the mall in Atlanta. think it was NASCAR Silicon Motor Speedway. they had hydraulics under the car bodies and resistance, etc.

oh, for some 'disposable' income...

Racing is good no matter what it is :beerchug:

Circuit de la Sarthe (no chicanes) and Infineon Raceway

24.jpg

IMG00002 (3).JPG

ggtt44IMG0000 (10).JPG

Oh COOOOL

I

WANT

ONE!!!

We (motorcycle friends) occasionally go to Dave and Buster's (a bar/restaurant/game center)

Wearing full riding gear including helmets we race on the motorcycle games. Get a good crowd usually :laugh:

sweet setup now you need to get rid of those tweeky speakers to the left and add some sub woofers, yeah ok you guessed it I do home theaters for a living

Back