Thunder Valley Racing

great pics Capt.
beerchug.gif

Nice pics Doug. So what did Rick end  up running
I think I may have had one pass that was a 9.90. Would you believe there were a couple 11s in there.

I spent the day trying to get things sorted out. I had some clutch problems Friday night trying to practice and never go them sorted out. Traction was pretty much non-existent for me due to a shock spring set up issue.

If I slipped it enough to hook the clutch would chatter and then release.

I dialed in a 10.85 the first round and left the line like a police cruiser was sitting behind me at a traffic light and then rolled it on. Passed my opponent at the lights and chopped the throttle"¦. Good for a 10.88.

Next round I cut a great light and the clutch released"¦ rpm came up"¦ autoshifted and bogged to an 11.00"¦ sent me to the trailer.

Good thing was my shock guy was there watching and he figured out what was going on. We tried a few things to bandaid it at the track.. they just did not work. He is setting me up with two shocks and springs to fix it. So we should have a handle on that part. I shortened the wheelbase 1"￾ last week and that only made it worse.

Figured out what was going on with the clutch with a bit of help from a fellow racer Friday night. Confirmed it after a teardown and tried to run a stock drive hub. It isn't going to work with this motor.

I also pitched a chunk of rubber off of one of my Power Race tires"¦.. so that didn't help much.

Learned a lot now we'll see if we can straighten it out. I got a false sense of security when I went 9.30s on the 6th pass with this motor. The potential is there, I just didn't see a good pass all weekend.

Back