Videos of 240+ tire driving/cornering?

au03z71

Registered
I've been on youtube looking around but can't seem to find anything worth a crap. Does anyone have any videos of a wide tire bike (240, 300, 330, etc...) driving and cornering? There seems to be quite a debate on the issue.

I've been on youtube looking around but can't seem to find anything worth a crap. Does anyone have any videos of a wide tire bike (240, 300, 330, etc...) driving and cornering? There seems to be quite a debate on the issue.

A 330 cornering is still a myth. Has not been sighted yet. Better luck finding Bigfoot video.:poke:

DragBikes.jpg

I second that...nessie or bigfoot will be found first! Look at where the edge of a 240 stops compared to a 180/190 - u'll see why fattys can't hang out as far. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I have some pics of me at Deals Gap back in 07 on my 240 taken by the guys on the side of the road. They are on my myspace page at myspace.com/cgr4sr. No one thought I would make it, but I proved them wrong!!

I just wanted some objective footage on the subject. Technically, it would depend on the crown of the tire and the center of gravity's distance from the rear axle (i.e. if the rear was lowered it would obviously be more difficult to turn due to the reduction of the moment about the center of the rear wheel)... Anyway, I'm a mechanical engineer and I saw a guy on a chopper (Big Dog I think) the other day and I was thinking that it would definitely be easier to handle a wide tire on a Hayabusa due to the sheer geometrical advantage in handling that a sport bike has over a cruiser/chopper. Mind you, I don't think that it will out maneuver a 180 or 190, however, if you didn't knee-drag in the first place, would it make that much difference? I just think it looks awesome and am weighing the pros and cons for the next Busa I get.

I just wanted some objective footage on the subject. Technically, it would depend on the crown of the tire and the center of gravity's distance from the rear axle (i.e. if the rear was lowered it would obviously be more difficult to turn due to the reduction of the moment about the center of the rear wheel)... Anyway, I'm a mechanical engineer and I saw a guy on a chopper (Big Dog I think) the other day and I was thinking that it would definitely be easier to handle a wide tire on a Hayabusa due to the sheer geometrical advantage in handling that a sport bike has over a cruiser/chopper. Mind you, I don't think that it will out maneuver a 180 or 190, however, if you didn't knee-drag in the first place, would it make that much difference? I just think it looks awesome and am weighing the pros and cons for the next Busa I get.

Sounds like you want a big tire. Go for it, you don't need permission.

I think it is best described as the compromise between form and function..

Function being a stock length busa with +1" on the ride height dogbones with a 190/55/17 tire.. (and yes there are other ways to improve the bike but not near so much as there are to kill the handling in technicals)

Form: 330 on a 6" stretch lowered all the way around...

and yes, you can get a cement mixer around a corner but I doubt it will go as quick as the corvette...

Thing is, you can not haul 10 yards of cement in a vette... (which is about how the 330 is going to feel like on technical roads, a truck with 10 yards of concrete , but you will look really cool) :poke:

:laugh:

Last edited:
I think it is best described as the compromise between form and function..

Function being a stock length busa with +1" on the ride height dogbones with a 190/55/17 tire.. (and yes there are other ways to improve the bike but not near so much as there are to kill the handling in technicals)

and yes, you can get a cement mixer around a corner but I doubt it will go as quick as the corvette...

Thing is, you can not haul 10 yards of cement in a vette... (which is about how the 330 is going to feel like on technical roads, a truck with 10 yards of concrete , but you will look really cool) :poke:

Yeah, and the added weight is a big factor. Some people think that its cool to see a Busa with a 330 and a Stage 1 Turbo. I mean, it is cool to see, but, that bike needs a Stage 1 Turbo just to get out on the highway most of the time. When the rear wheel and tire weigh almost as much as a stock busa you better have some extra power to enjoy the ride!

So you have been on a 330 on technical road??? You speak of it as if you have done it? You may ride road course on you tinny tire, but untill you know 1st hand on a 330 "DONT comment on it please".

Yes with a 330 fatty stretch and LOWERD it may feel slugish in the turns. Im 330 at 9 over BUT I ride with the tail about +1 with the air-ride and I can rock it.:laugh: You can eat your 10yrds of concrete:rofl:

NOW...lets see where all the hater comments go with that:beerchug:

Here we go again. Dude give it a rest, if a 330 handles so well then why don't you see em at the track. Since you've got a 330 and feel so strongly about it then why don't you post a vid and represent your fellow fatty riders.

Here we go again. Dude give it a rest, if a 330 handles so well then why don't you see em at the track. Since you've got a 330 and feel so strongly about it then why don't you post a vid and represent your fellow fatty riders.

I have NEVER said it handles like stock or better. Its just now where near the myth that you all make it out to be. It has even surprised me in how well it handles vs what I was made to expect out of it. Been trying to make a vid...just been a bad year for me. Weather, vid cam issues, even had a track day planned at summit point this year.....that when the jackshaft blow again and the repairs to OSD took my track money x10 out of my pocket. Heck I have not even made it to the drag track but once this year:banghead:

I know you cant alway believe what you hear...but that goes both ways. You have to experence it 1st then comment. I always hear about the bash and would love to go...hope the $$$ / work turns around very soon so I can come in 2010:beerchug:

There is a very sweet tight turn near the house...if the weather works with me, Ill see if the wife will follow me and then shoot some vid of me rocking thru that curve.???
Im NOT looking for a debate here...never do, but if you have never tryed it...then how do you know your comment ( cause you think it or only been told it buy someone like yourself that hasnt either ).

Last edited:
if a 330 handles so well then why don't you see em at the track.

You dont see them at road course track nor at drag track...WHY, cause they are a big Horse Power robber out of the bike.
Drag bikes look for every HP they can get....NO heavy fatty to turns.
Road Course track..same reason and the fact that a 190 or 200 IS easier making it better handling.

But to see someone doing both tracks with a FATTY and do very well with keeping up considering its a FATTY :laugh::beerchug:

I've got no experience with a wide tire kit. I just understand how a motorcycle works and understand that those kits negatively affect handling. I'm not saying that you cant go around a corner but just not as fast.
I just wanna see a vid. Oh if you do it soon take it easy, last thing we want is you goin down because temps are down on the tarmac.

Back