240 kit or bigger....How does this effect your bike?

Spitz

Donating Member
Registered
Hey all,

I've seen some busa's with a wide tire kit.....240 some even bigger. What I was wondering was, what does this do to the handling of the bike. I would think that it would be harder to turn......

guys who stretch and fatten the rear tire arent all that concerned with "turning" mostly for show (the wide tire)

Makes your bike pretty much a straight liner and show bike. Although there is a guy on Extremebusa.com named Bigrod330 who drag races his.

P.

:beerchug:

240 can turn just not as well you can get the arm about stock lenght still i think mabey at least 2 more over. All depends on what your gona do with it. I don't knee drag anymore so im doing it more for the look. but with some handleing still. the 300's are alot flatter so it's harder to corner with them even more so over a 240 and with Diablo comeing out with a sport bike 240 tire handleing with that will be better then a standard cruiser 240 not to mention you get the speed rating also.

Other downside to the 240 is a slight offset wheel the 330 kits can center the wheel.

I dont care about pretending im on a track everyday when i ride
so ...............
A fat tire looks good and handles just fine
and yes i can still corner with the best of them.

If you dont believe me
just find someone with a wide tire bike
and see if you can get a ride.
You will find that it is not nearly as dramatic as some of the
naysayers who have never experienced it will have you to believe.

Talkers do just that ....talk.

seriously impressive article. i would've thought a stretched kit w/240 woulda made the nimbleness fade off a bit. i know i rode my boys that was 4" out on a 240 and it felt alot diff. maybe it was psychological, but i just didn't feel as comfy in turns as i do with mine.

I heard the ladies prefer them fat than thin 190 just don't cut it. So she prefers to ride on a 240 learn to live with it:cheerleader::cheerleader:

I like the look of the fat tires. not sure on the handling I'm thinking of going to a 200 which isn't a fat tire but it's a little wider then stock.

Back