240 kit or bigger....How does this effect your bike?

Excellent article. Anyone here have first hand experience riding on a bike with a 240 and these Sportbike Pirelli wheels? What is your opinion? What is the minimum that you have to stretch?

I think a 4" stretch is the minimum on a 240... but I don't know for sure... maybe someone can shed more light on it for ya bro...

Excellent article. Anyone here have first hand experience riding on a bike with a 240 and these Sportbike Pirelli wheels? What is your opinion? What is the minimum that you have to stretch?

From what i have run across 2-4 is about the minimum i have seen in stretch i think if you talked to trac they may be able to make you are less but it seems like everyone dose a major stretch on these when done. I would a liked alot less myself but for the price i paid for my arm i couldn't say no. 4-5 over is about where i will be. AS for riding one no experience i can give you a review this bring when everything thaws out here

THE PERIELLI WHEEL IS SUBPURB !
I LOVE IT
I PUT ONE ON A 91 1100.
IT IS A NICE SOFT COMPOUND AND HOOKS WELL.
IMG_1862-1.jpg

From experience, I wil say that the wide tires with a stretch do not turn as well as stock. It will change the geometry and affect handling. Can I ride my 330 as hard as some people can a stock bike? Hell yea! Could I ride a stock bike even harder? Absolutely! I built mine to cruise. I now have the faster cruiser at bike night.

Do what makes you happy. I personally don't know why anyone buys a busa for twisties anyway. A gsxr 750 or 1k is a much more capable bike in the turns and riding hard enough on public roads to find the difference is just stupid. I have a gsxr 750 track bike and I am about to pick up an 07 r1 race bike. So I have the experience to make these statements. Let the flaming begin:poke:argue:3

From experience, I wil say that the wide tires with a stretch do not turn as well as stock. It will change the geometry and affect handling. Can I ride my 330 as hard as some people can a stock bike? Hell yea! Could I ride a stock bike even harder? Absolutely! I built mine to cruise. I now have the faster cruiser at bike night.

Do what makes you happy. I personally don't know why anyone buys a busa for twisties anyway. A gsxr 750 or 1k is a much more capable bike in the turns and riding hard enough on public roads to find the difference is just stupid. I have a gsxr 750 track bike and I am about to pick up an 07 r1 race bike. So I have the experience to make these statements. Let the flaming begin:poke:argue:3

"Sport Touring" I've been on a 05 gsxr 1K for over 300 miles in one day, most of which were in the twisties, and I will never do it again!! With the busa this same trip is no sweat and just as much fun.

All you ever see on the net is lowered, big tire extended busas, but how often do you see guys dragging knee on a busa?

Makes your bike pretty much a straight liner and show bike. Although there is a guy on Extremebusa.com named Bigrod330 who drag races his.

P.

:beerchug:

:laugh:Im hear also:beerchug: I love my big fatty 330. Now not to get into any bashing and dispute:lol: I never knee drug, but close. Now with the 330 and 9-10 inch stretch...I can STILL take turns ( quite wel with the air-ride up high). Quick switchbacks are some issues but the over all high speed turns..NO PROB. I have found the front lower fairing spikes are shaved to an odd 45 angle from road grind.
Oh well, enough on how I ride. IF you are not an ever day knee dragger than a 240 on 6 inch stretch....you will NOT notice much diff after being on it for some time. YES you will fell it at first, but just get on it and go after the turns:laugh: The 330 freeked me out the first time out...Not anymore.
O' and fatties are NOT just for show or the 1/4 tracks.

DSCN1556.jpg

DSCN1576.jpg

I'm not flamming....nor am I puting down big tires, but I am disagreeing with the "I don't know why anyone buys Busas for twisties" comment. Some of us have Hayabusas for long distance, twisties and track days....all wrapped up in one bike. Some, but very few people pass me on a track, I'm not bragging, just saying....there's alot of us guys on Busas with 190 (even 180) tires that play pretty hard with the literbikes. Raydog

MF1A0203.JPG

I'm not flamming....nor am I puting down big tires, but I am disagreeing with the "I don't know why anyone buys Busas for twisties" comment. Some of us have Hayabusas for long distance, twisties and track days....all wrapped up in one bike. Some, but very few people pass me on a track, I'm not bragging, just saying....there's alot of us guys on Busas with 190 (even 180) tires that play pretty hard with the literbikes. Raydog

:beerchug:well said. All rapped up in one bike!

:laugh:Im hear also:beerchug: I love my big fatty 330. Now not to get into any bashing and dispute:lol: I never knee drug, but close. Now with the 330 and 9-10 inch stretch...I can STILL take turns ( quite wel with the air-ride up high). Quick switchbacks are some issues but the over all high speed turns..NO PROB. I have found the front lower fairing spikes are shaved to an odd 45 angle from road grind.
Oh well, enough on how I ride. IF you are not an ever day knee dragger than a 240 on 6 inch stretch....you will NOT notice much diff after being on it for some time. YES you will fell it at first, but just get on it and go after the turns:laugh: The 330 freeked me out the first time out...Not anymore.
O' and fatties are NOT just for show or the 1/4 tracks.

Glad you are here Rod. And one sweet looking Busa!

Okay, I stand corrected. Fat tires can corner, but I was talking purely from the technical perspective that if you took a stock bike vs a fatty tire bike, the stock bike would perform better in the twisties, and on the track.... IMO.

P.

Last edited:
Glad you are here Rod. And one sweet looking Busa!

Okay, I stand corrected. Fat tires can corner, but I was talking purely from the technical perspective that if you took a stock bike vs a fatty tire bike, the stock bike would perform better in the twisties, and on the track.... IMO.

P.

That is what I meant. I can ride fast on a fatty but faster on stock. The manufacturer spends a lot of money and research on how to make a sportbike turn. Stock is the best configuration(there is a little room for improvement in geometry) and wide tires, lowering and stretching move too far away from the ideal formula.

And my comment about why do people buy a busa for the twisties is not intended for the sport touring group. That speaks for itself. I meant the group that swears up and down that the busa turns as well as the true sportbikes(gsxr 6, 750, or 1k). You may be fast on a busa but you would be faster on a 1k. I love the busa and agree that it is one of the best all around bikes ever made.

P.S. Why did they not list any hard numbers in the comparison article. I would be curious to see lap times and how close they are to a stock configured bike.

Oh of course. When I had the 02 gix 750...I went to ride looking for twist and riding on 1 wheel getting to them.:laugh: But now my style has changed. I still love to roll thru the twist, smoke the fatty in town, get the ::11:thumbsup: looks, stroll down the 1/4 light in LEDs...all to surprise thos that think the fattys can just look purty:lol:. Back to the question...its all about your riding style and finding the melting pot of what works for you.

Good conversation guys, it's so fun to pull in the pits at a track day and have someone (who was just on the track with me)stop and say, "dude, I didn't know Busas handled like that!" Then two days later, my bike is all prepped up for a week long ride, out of state! With my 0-6" arm the bike is a dragster, cruiser, LSR, canyon blaster, tourer AND track bike. I can't imagine any other motorcycle playing all those rolls so competently!

Raydog

ready for the tour

P1010491.JPG

Trufiction That is a beautiful bike, I love the look of the fat tire kits, I am not a knee dragger just like to cruise and tour on my Busa. If I ever have the money would love to go minimum 280 Kit cause I want the jackshaft set-up to center the tire properly and full air-ride than one sponsor on EBC is working on as we speak, rear is available now and spring 2009 should have the front ready for selling.

Last edited:
Trufiction That is a beautiful bike, I love the look of the fat tire kits, I am not a knee dragger just like to cruise and tour on my Busa. If I ever have the money would love to go minimum 280 Kit cause I want the jackshaft set-up to center the tire properly and full air-ride than one sponsor on EBC is working on as we speak, rear is available now and spring 2009 should have the front ready for selling.

MBP is a member here too.:whistle:

THANKS
I DO IT OUT OF PURE LOVE.:cheerleader:

A 280 KIT WILL REQUIRE A JACKSHAFT ANYWAY.
YOU CAN GET CENTER ON A 250 IF THE INSTALLER
KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING

THE PERIELLI WHEEL IS SUBPURB !
I LOVE IT
I PUT ONE ON A 91 1100.
IT IS A NICE SOFT COMPOUND AND HOOKS WELL.
IMG_1862-1.jpg

TRUFICTION
What size tire is on the black bike in this pic? It looks like the same one in your sig...

Back