Vibration at 90

BRUDEH

Registered
I posted the topic below, if you wanna see. I was riding with some peeps today and as we are riding I started noticing that at 90mph the motor gets a vibration. At 85 it purs very nice and smooth, as soon as it hits 90 I feel the vibration, once it gets over 90 its hard to feel it anymore. You can feel it on deceleration also, as soon as it touches 90 there it is. Anyone have this. Could this be related to the jerking problems I am having in low RPM's. Would the PC3, with custom map fix these problems?

Does not sound like a motor viration, sound like you may have lost a wheel weight or a tire is uneven.

I have the same vibe goin on. I have had this for a while. I dont know if its a tire or what, but I do know that it happens with new or used tires. Ive just gotten used to it. Its been happening for so long now, I just use it as a reminder that Im at 90. Just cant seem to figure it out. Hope someone knows, would like to get ride of the damn thing thats for sure.

Josh

That happens just before you enter the Mach speed...don't worry about it. I have had two Hayabusas and they both did that. Just don't stay at 90...I like even numbers myself. Like 100
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Hmmm I thought it was normal to get a "little" more engine vibration somewhere between 4.5k and 5k rpm's ... I've always had it there.

I believe the vibration you are describing is a engine harmonic vibration. Mine does it at 88 to 90 mph then goes away. My buddies also has it exactly there. Nothing to worry about.

70 & 90 in 6th,not sure of the rpm.Done it scince day one.Asked about it myself,had several people tell me theirs does the same.

Back