Very Disappointed!

kdogg

Registered
Went to the International Motorcycle show in Cleveland yesterday and i was highly disappointed! They had 1 09 black busa,no Bmw1000 and not nearly the number of bikes as last year.Last year lots of after market vendors and parts for sale.I was hoping to buy parts and find ideals to hook-up my bike.Sorry gang,just venting! Hope things get better and next year show gets back to what i expect!:banghead:

Went to the International Motorcycle show in Cleveland yesterday and i was highly disappointed! They had 1 09 black busa,no Bmw1000 and not nearly the number of bikes as last year.Last year lots of after market vendors and parts for sale.I was hoping to buy parts and find ideals to hook-up my bike.Sorry gang,just venting! Hope things get better and next year show gets back to what i expect!:banghead:

it's bad out there brother...and just think...with the deletion of every single model bike that's not out there for 2010?...with the "trickle down" effect?...prolly ='s 10's of thousands of jobs lost...not a good sign...the peak of the mountain...a reduction of products manufactured...with automation/robotics and lean manufacturing always waiting in the wings...quoting and machining against the lowest bidder in the www.

not good...L8R, Bill. :cool:

it's bad out there brother...and just think...with the deletion of every single model bike that's not out there for 2010?...with the "trickle down" effect?...prolly ='s 10's of thousands of jobs lost...not a good sign...the peak of the mountain...a reduction of products manufactured...with automation/robotics and lean manufacturing always waiting in the wings...quoting and machining against the lowest bidder in the www.

not good...L8R, Bill. :cool:

Your right Jinkster and it's ashame! The 09 show i went to, before i bought my 08busa had parts galore.You could buy chrome and powder coated parts without exchange.Buy rims on the spot.ricky gatson and jason britton were signing autographes and doing demos.Lots of stunters,this year had 1.They didnt even have the ball of death,where the stunters zoom around inside that big sphere.SMH!

The Detroit show was kinda lackluster compared to previous years, too. The Toronto show with pictures a couple threads down looked much better. Detroit didn't have Triumph or Aprilia there either.

The Detroit show was kinda lackluster compared to previous years, too. The Toronto show with pictures a couple threads down looked much better. Detroit didn't have Triumph or Aprilia there either.

Agree, the best part of detroits was the ducati stunt show. Venders, and bikes were lacking big time. Maybe next year.

Agree, the best part of detroits was the ducati stunt show. Venders, and bikes were lacking big time. Maybe next year.

and there ya have it folks...ducati's abound...speaks volumes in regards too how the yen & the u.s. dollar are fairing to the "euro-dollar" eh?...whilst pelosi & co. take a $2.5 mil junket/getaway to copenhagen?...$440,000 for rooms at the marriot and $2M for military airfair?..our tax dollar$ hard at work...which begs the question...

who's the baddest gangsta's in the land?

answer?: :whistle:

not me baby! :laugh::whistle:

an the gov can ki$$ my :moon:

has anybody ever read about alladin and his 40 thieves?...of bahgdad was it?

oops...gotta go...mighta said too much already! :poke: :rofl:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

and there ya have it folks...ducati's abound...speaks volumes in regards too how the yen & the u.s. dollar are fairing to the "euro-dollar" eh?...whilst pelosi & co. take a $2.5 mil junket/getaway to copenhagen?...$440,000 for rooms at the marriot and $2M for military airfair?..our tax dollar$ hard at work...which begs the question...

who's the baddest gangsta's in the land?

answer?: :whistle:

not me baby! :laugh::whistle:

an the gov can ki$$ my :moon:

has anybody ever read about alladin and his 40 thieves?...of bahgdad was it?

oops...gotta go...mighta said too much already! :poke: :rofl:

Get off the kool-aid

I hate it when the kids sneak on the computer without the parents knowing. :spank:

be nice...sounds like yer the one that could use a lil drinkypooh.:poke::rofl:

i got 64 degs here today but breezy and damp w/ scattered showers and cloud cover...wifes cook'in my youngest home-made lasagna for her 12th birthday and dady and oren are parked for the day...so?..i may hafta grow up but...i don't hafta grow old...and biotchy. :rofl::poke::whistle:

Bottoms up...:beerchug:....Bill. :cool:

I hate it when the kids sneak on the computer without the parents knowing. :spank:

heh ... that "kid" can ride circles around ya, bury you with technical stuff about bikes and generally drink your tail til the ground is the only thing besides gravity standing in your way to reaching the heights of whatever :laugh:

rock on Bill! and :beerchug::beerchug:

Hey Jinx you gonna make it to the bash?

Seems like a lot of the "toy" side of manufacturer shows have dwindled. I guess no reason to haul it around if no new buyers. The ones that can afford and want it already know what it is and what's coming.
Posted via Mobile Device

First year in years I did not make the show but hear the same from all the various cities. This year was way scaled down across the board. Hopefully the 2011 shows will be revitalized and offer the same entertainment as previous years :thumbsup:

i dunno brian...doubtful at this point but i'm still gonna try...only time & money and keeping up with 3 daughters and the shid they get into will tell i guess...whats the dates again?...oh and thanks fer the kind words/backup...cause i don't care what the voices say...i'm an adult dangit!:laugh:

I'm fairly moderate in political philosophy, more towards the conservative side in nature and practice. There sure is a lot of armadillo/tin foil hat rhetoric going on in here. Lay of the peyote/Glen Beck.

I'm fairly moderate in political philosophy, more towards the conservative side in nature and practice. There sure is a lot of armadillo/tin foil hat rhetoric going on in here. Lay of the peyote/Glen Beck.

busssteeeeeed! :poke::rofl:

heh ... that "kid" can ride circles around ya, bury you with technical stuff about bikes and generally drink your tail til the ground is the only thing besides gravity standing in your way to reaching the heights of whatever :laugh:

rock on Bill! and :beerchug::beerchug:

Wow, I should start caring then :rofl: :beerchug:

I know how you feel. I was at Barrett Jackson Auction when it was here in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago and the attendance was way down and the price of cars had dropped dramaticly. Cars that went for over 100k a year ago were barely going for 30k or maybe 50k at the most. There were some really nice cars that went for top dollar, but the overall numbers were way down.

Back