Vendor Experience... (should have a area for this)

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
I have ordered 4 sets of tires in the last 6 weeks for various bikes and did so through 2 vendors.. 1 has been great, the other not so great

First the GREAT!!

Jake Wilson Prices are very competitive and service was fantastic..

I placed 2 orders (Aug25 and Aug19) both arrived on doorstep on 3rd day.. Both sets of tires were less than 4 months old

The NOT SO GOOD:
I tried these guys after a couple posts mentioned them..

motoxoutlet.com

I made first order on 7/28/2008 3:07:00 PM and at 1 week, no delivery.. Waited 3 more days and then called them...
"Oh that is on back order.. I will send you an email" they did.. email said to expect tires in shop on/before Aug8.... I finally gave up on this order on 8/25/08 and canceled the order...

Thinking ok, lets try again, I ordered a tire they physically had on the shelf.. that was 10 days ago and still no delivery.. called them on this order and they said it is in transit (I believe that but still 10 days?)

Anyway.... Motoxoutlet is off my buy from list (bad communications and slow shipping practices)

JakeWilson.com? on my new "Buy from" list...

Great info and props to the deserving, Randy.

Thanks for the head's-up, brother.

:beerchug:

Richies Tires he's not a board sponsor but I can always call him and get them shipped to me pretty quick. I think he only deals with Michelin now.

Ritchie?

I try to buy from our sponsors but tires seem to be one of those items we really do not have a sponsor for here...

I have ordered from motoxoutlet a few times in the past. A few times the tires came in as expected, but the last time I went through the backorder deal myself without any communication from them. Prices are good, but they drop ship from several manufacturers. Don't know if I will go through the ordeal of ordering from them again to save a few bucks. I guess I have been spoiled by dealing with newenough.com as they are hard to beat for customer service!

I have ordered from motoxoutlet a few times in the past. A few times the tires came in as expected, but the last time I went through the backorder deal myself without any communication from them. Prices are good, but they drop ship from several manufacturers. Don't know if I will go through the ordeal of ordering from them again to save a few bucks. I guess I have been spoiled by dealing with newenough.com as they are hard to beat for customer service!
NewEnough.Com has been a great vendor for me too... ONLY 1 problem.. they send you deals in the mail every week and they are almost always hard to pass up... cost me a bundle..

They work really hard to be a great vendor..

NewEnough.Com has been a great vendor for me too... ONLY 1 problem.. they send you deals in the mail every week and they are almost always hard to pass up... cost me a bundle..

They work really hard to be a great vendor..

I thought it was just me that Paul emailed those special deals to!:laugh:

I thought it was just me that Paul emailed those special deals to!:laugh:
:rofl: Paul Thompson ..... (delete rule) cost me money.... also just bought a new Teknic Jacket to go with the Pants I got earlier..

I am not a fan of Motoxoutlet at all. I called them up for pricing on a Joe Rocket Jacket for my lady, and he quoted me a decent price, but then told me that the shipping was $15 dollars. I was kinda taken back, and then I asked how much it would be if I ordered a pair of pants for me. He told me $30 for the whole order-for UPS ground. I know the shipping on both should be around $10 for ups ground-I work for a mail order catalog.

I asked him why so much, and he said that his prices are so cheap....and then a lot of bullsh!t that I didn't want to hear. I told him that he is using deceptive sales tactics and we yelled at each other and hung up.
I wouldn't buy anything of him.

On the other hand I just ordered the Michelin Road 2's from Derbycycles.com and I was very pleased with their service. I don't think they could have shot them out of a cannon to me faster than they shipped them--and For $15 dollars!!!!

Back