Vegas Ride Check In

That was not the Border Patrol, it's the State Park Police because we were in Lake Mead State Park grounds... They give out $100 tickets for speeding, doesn't go on your record but who wants to pay?
rock.gif

The "incident" was Twisted went down in Death Valley... He lowsided in a corner. He's fine and his bike only suffered cosmetic damage. NickSlick posted a video of it from Twisted's camera.

Hey Twisted, I bet you're glad you decided to wear your leathers after all huh?
rock.gif
???

rock.gif

Wow folks ... sounds like you all had some good "west coast" fun ... thanks for the stories and the pics ... I'm rolling out there in 2005 for a taste of those twisties!

DJ

PurpleHaze couldn't ride with us but he was going to be in Vegas and he met up with us at Starbucks before our ride on Sat. See ya at Laguna!

Purple_Haze.JPG

Hayabootie came with us on the Sat ride to Valley of Fire. He had an awesome camera set up with a button on his bar to take pics. He is an awesome rider and got close enough to take pics but not so close as to be dangerous. I was comfortable with him being so close.
Back at ya Mike...

Mike_shooting_pics.JPG

Here's a pic of one of the sweepers out by Valley of Fire.
You are feeling sweeeeepy, very sweeeeepy.
biggrin.gif

Valley_of_Fire_Sweeper.JPG

At the bottom of Death Valley, the lowest point on the planet!

Busas_at_lowest_point.JPG

Owen, ( I'm so jealous ) who was on the red busie's? and where's Josh?
There were two red ones. Fulltilt had one (I would dream to be that fast) and Mike (3 pics up) had the other one. Mike was supposed to have someone drop off some fairing for him, but I guess they never got around to it so he rode half naked the whole weekend. I guess you don't need to be full faired for almost full speed.
Here's Josh: On the left:
tounge.gif

The title of this pic is: one little two little three little indians.

3_Indians.JPG

After we were at our lowest point, 200 ft below sea level, we went to our highest point, Dantes Peak, 5600+ ft above sea level.
Great view with Doc in the foreground.

Doc_at_Dantes.JPG

Ha! I almost forgot!

Here's a pic of a few of us, Lo, Twisted and Dawnie discussing the best way to get back to Doc's house.
Stop and go traffic and you can't split the lane! Grrr!
And no, we weren't lost,...really...!

Great pics and wonderful time this weekend! Twisted is still here, somewhere, I think he is staying!

Keep the pics coming, my camera was screwed up. I would appreciate copies of all the fotos.

Ciao for now...

Wow guys! Looks like those of us that didn't make it missed a great time! Glad everyone got home safely, and so sorry about your bike Twisted...
mad.gif

Thanks for all the pics! I'd love to see those roads on my Busa...one day!
cool.gif

Whooops! Forgot to put the pic in the post above.
"We go this way!..." "No..we go THIS way!"

Discussing_Directions.JPG

Damn Right!!!! Thanks to Doc and My Ft Worth Homie "Jester" for making me feel welcome. I have only been on my Busa for 1000 miles when we take off like a Bat outta hell in to the middle of nowhere. it was awesome. !!!!!! I have to admit a lil Sketchy in the wind and i had to split in shonoie and ride back in the Farggin rain Yuck !!!!! So much for the 10:00 Bike Wash.

Everyone was very friendly and Safe. Uh
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
ya know what i mean . It was worth every penny and every second. I rode over 800 miles in 2 days i have a lil "TAINT" probelm but I hear after it gets calloused I will be fine.

Thank you ALL for your hospitality.

DOC RULES<----------
smile.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Back