VARNISH BUILDUP AFTER 150 MILES?

nihilist

Registered
Sorry for the long post...After making numerous calls to different mechanics and dealers it seem's I'm the only one to experience this problem. I picked up a 2002 leftover with 0 miles from a local dealer at the end of Feb. I know the bike was in the showroom for at least 5 months. I picked up the bike with a full tank of gas, one day before I set off to Bike Week. So with the new Busa in an enclosed trailer I made it to FL with no problems.The bike ran great for the two whole days it didn't rain and I only put about 160 miles on it, keeping it under 4g's but running it up to 8 on short bursts. I filled the tank one time using super from a busy station. The bike sat for two rainy days in my friends garage and then it was trailered back to NY. When I unloaded the bike 18 hrs later I found that the throttle was frozen solid. I pulled off the tank and airbox and determined the throttle itself and the cables weren't binding. When I tried to open the injector butterflies manually they felt like they had glue stuck to them. I looked down into the intake runners and saw what looked like tar built up around the intake valves and on the valve side of the butterflies. The best explaination I could get was that the coating used to protect the gas tank from the factory had dissolved and built up in the intake, but the injectors never clogged and the bike ran fine. I've had many bikes before and I do most of my repairs myself, but being it's brand new I was wondering if anybody has had the same thing happen to them and what they did to fix it. I really don't want to bring the bike back to the dealer unless neccessary, I don't trust the mechanic there. Any info would be appreciated.

whoa, thats a warranty issue dood, big time. Dont start taking that bike apart or you will void the warranty. Get that bike back to the dealer ASAP and have them warranty it

Mike

whoa, thats a warranty issue dood, big time. Dont start taking that bike apart or you will void the warranty. Get that bike back to the dealer ASAP and have them warranty it

Mike
I agree. Take it somewhere that you trust. Warranty is good anywhere. I have worked for 2 dealers and never heard of anything like that.

Just my $.02 but this isn't a warranty problem this is a bad fuel issue. I think the dealer will tell you the same. An easy fix is find somewhere you can buy Nutec Special 5. It is a 90 octane oxyginated race fuel designed specaficly for motorcycles. It will clean that out while you ride, and not hurt the motor. Hold on when you use this stuff. A stock busa makes 7 more hp. And clear out a spot in the shed. Your bike will stink for a while. You don't want this smell in your house.

Matt

Just my $.02 but this isn't a warranty problem this is a bad fuel issue. I think the dealer will tell you the same. An easy fix is find somewhere you can buy Nutec Special 5. It is a 90 octane oxyginated race fuel designed specaficly for motorcycles. It will clean that out while you ride, and not hurt the motor. Hold on when you use this stuff. A stock busa makes 7 more hp. And clear out a spot in the shed. Your bike will stink for a while. You don't want this smell in your house.

Matt

Back