Vance&Hines Bolt On Cans

boosz

Registered
Alright..... I said in another post that I would get back with some pics of the modified exhaust cans..... Here's what I have done so far!! I have a Video clip so you can hear what it sounds like also!!

Appologies for the dirt...Just got back from a ride!! And by the background you will realize that there is still SNOW on the ground here!

fromdaback.jpg

The tips arent finished yet..... Still have to finish shaping them and get the proper fit..as well as sending them out to be POLISHED ..... 304 Stainless so they should polish up nicely!!

Backright.jpg

Looking down inside the baffles from the outlet end... Original is on the right

<!--EDIT|boosz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078097011 -->

baffles_2.jpg

Here's the original looking inside from the outlet side...

<!--EDIT|boosz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078118202 -->

Can_outlet.jpg

I had those same V&H pipes on my Busa, but they didn't mount correctly on the '03's; they were too tilted away from the bike and looked too small, but I really like the looks of them...glad you got them on yours! They look good...

Interesting, what you should do now is start fiddling with the stock cans, polish them, open up the insides a little bit, then make a new tip.

Took some skill to get those done right....

The only problem I've had with the cans is that the mounting bracket is the same for the right side as it is for the left !!!
So one side is out a little farther than the other but only by about 1/4 inch if not less..... You really can't see it though...

Interesting, what you should do now is start fiddling with the stock cans, polish them, open up the insides a little bit, then make a new tip.  

Took some skill to get those done right....
I was thinking about playing around with the originals.... It's taken me about 16 to 20 hours just to get these ones to the point they are at..... The first can took the longest to get it right...the second was a lot quicker.. Just like most things are. The first time is always the hardest..
eyes.gif

Well....it's taken a while but I have (sort of) finished polishing the tips.... unbelievable how much time it takes to polish Stainless steel by HAND! ....... But they look not too bad!

IMG_0021__Small_.JPG

They aren't PERFECT.... there is still a couple of scratches on each of the tips... but that'll have to do for now. My hands are killing me! In order to remove all of the scratches I'ld have to strart over again and resand from the beginning with 80 or 100 grit and continue on up to 1500... If it rains during the vacation to Florida I might just have something to do!
smile.gif

That's some EXCELLENT work BOOSZ  ! !

that really MUST have taken some doing ! !

I LUV polished St/St... much nicer than just ladelin'
Chrome over perfectly good metal.

If I ever need my "TIP!" polishin'.... I'll send it over
tounge.gif

FatS.

[ps. d'loaded yer 'clip of the pipes.... nice deep sound mate !]

<!--EDIT|XXX-Large
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079896437 -->

Thank you very much..... they take an extrememly long time to get to this point...doing them hand sanding... they still have some spots that aren't perfect.... but I'll work on them while I'm in Florida on holidays..if the weather isn't nice enough to ride... I put the tips back on today and I've decided that I'm going to polish the aluminum cans too....see how they look all shiny!!
smile.gif

Back