Vacation help.

war69

Registered
Hey guys. My b day is oct 3 and my wife is letting me plan a trip with my buddy. Ill be leaving Wisconsin and going to the dragon. My plan is to come home along the east coast maybe through New York then to Michigan and around to Makinaw and back home. Are there any good programs out there that will give me some good roads to take other than major interstates? I know ill have to hit a few but if you guys have any cool places to see along the way let me know. Shes giving me a week away and i cant wait. Ill be on the Busa and my buddy a gixer 1000. And plenty of advil. Im pickin up a new garmin that i hope i can program a route into. Thanks for the help.

I don't know of any good programs for finding entertaining roads. Maps and GPS can be deceiving when it comes to the entertainment value of a streach of road. I think the best thing is to plan your general route via the highway using Google Maps and post the link to it here so local folks can give you suggestions in their area. I have a few good rides to do around the Dragon if you need some.

Choose the route with highest elevation peaks in mind. That's a good start.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did the ride from WI to the dragon back in 08. Took 2 weeks to ride down and back up but also went over to the Asheville to see the Biltmore Estate and some other touristy things.

Not sure if this will work but this is the route I used.

Google Maps

Milwaukee - Chicago - Gary - Lafayette - Indianapolis - Kentucky

The map shows all interstate but we used local highways instead. This was just for general guidance.

Last edited:
There are a couple of rides in Northern NJ / New York that aren't too bad. Do like BusaWhipped said and post the route according to GPS and I'm sure people will throw in some good suggestions. :beerchug:

If you were heading to the west coast, we have a "Cali road Guru" of the roads right here logging in almost everyday :whistle:

I won't mention any names http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21600 :laugh:

One of those 4 day Tours out west is definitely in my bucket list.

Back