V8 Busa Motor

quick update

The graphs from left to right are unbalanced engine forces, balance shaft forces and remaining free cranks forces once you add in the balance shaft. An unbalanced busa runs about 18kN of free force, the balance shaft cancels out about 10k worth so you're left over with 8k of free forces. So why didn't they make the balance shaft bigger and cancel out more of these forces? I think they ran such a small counter weight on the balance shaft because they only had one, so the forces in the y-direction aren't canceled meaning that they would be introducing more force in the y-direction that they would be canceling in the z-direction (parallel to the cylinders).

This works out perfectly for my application because a flat plane v8 only sees 1.41 times that of a flat plane inline 4. This means if I use two balance shafts then I'll have 5kN in the z direction and ZERO in the y-direction. So my v8 should have much less NHV and the crank should see less torsional than a stock busa.

I
matlab balance shaft calcs comparison.PNG

That's going to be bad ass. Do you have to run aluminum rods for that kind of setup? I assume 4340 crank?
That's going to be bad ass. Do you have to run aluminum rods for that kind of setup? I assume 4340 crank?
HI. Yes the crank will be a Marine CR-NI-MO-Alloy E 4340. The rods will be Carrillo H beam. The motor will spin to 13500 RPM. Today I just ordered a custom ground Web cam. Like I said the goal is 750+ to the wheel, some people here think I want 1000HP! I wood love to have a V8 say 1500HP. I could ??????????????????????

HI. Yes the crank will be a Marine CR-NI-MO-Alloy E 4340. The rods will be Carrillo H beam. The motor will spin to 13500 RPM. Today I just ordered a custom ground Web cam. Like I said the goal is 750+ to the wheel, some people here think I want 1000HP! I wood love to have a V8 say 1500HP. I could ??????????????????????
If you can achieve your goal of 750 whp I don't see why a V8 couldn't be made to the same specs and yield 1000 whp

Back