Using a bike stand safely - can it be done solo?

MelodicMetalGod

Registered
Recently got spools and the Pit Bull rear stand for spools w/the forward handle. However, haven't been able to get it on the stand without other bodies to prevent a tip over. I've never used a stand before as all my other bikes have/had center stands. Is there a "trick"?

Thanks for any and all help!

Last edited:
hrm. i cant offer anything else. i dont have stands currently. always been told to get the spools with the stands. i'll sit back and read as others respond so i can learn

No problem. Just keep the center balanced. You might want assistance for the first couple of time just in case.
Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its a little tricky and Nerve racking but overall pretty easily done.

Place your stand at the tailend of your bike within reach,Make sure front wheel is pointing straight, Balance the bike, if you have a grab rail use it to keep bike balanced, if not remove hump and use the crossbar located under the hump area. holding the bike up with one hand, slide the stand under the spools and pull back. once the stand has the bike it should stay pretty steady, Keep the kickstand down just in case.

I have that forward handle also, make sure you have it adjusted all the way down on the height adjustment, get it under bike , get it against the spools, good and sqaure, make sure kickstand is up, holding on to left handle bar lift as quick as possible, Quick lift is the key to it, you first few times you might chock the front wheel if your on a smooth surface, but after that it is easy, and taking if off the stand is the same, the faster you let it down the easier it is. just make sure you have it against spools good before you lift.

you must balance your chi grasshopper

you'll get more used to it over time and feel more confident balancing the bike on your own. Just practice

Pit Bull rear stand for spools w/the forward handle

Didnt pay attention to this part, you better listen to someone who ussed this stand. Not me

It can be done, I have been using the Pit Bull REAR (haven't tried the front handle) handle stand for years. I am still scared of tipping the bike over though and usually get my wife or someone to help out a bit. My buddy told me he didn't need help the other day and his 08 Busa tipped. Of course there was a little additional piece of information in that story, such as taking the bolt out of the dogbone while on the rear stand...BTW don't do that~!~
PS the rear stand touches the brake light if your not careful and possible to crack it.

I place a couple of 2x4s on the ground, but the kick stand on the 2x4's be then its almost centered, then I just align the rear stand and go ahead.

I know you're talking about the front handle stand...anyone used both? Is the front handle stand easier than the rear handle stand?

i have the same setup and it still worries me everytime i put it on the stand . Seems like it's always hard to line up the right side on the spool but mine is lowered 2" and the yosh is right in the line of sight . Once you catch both spools just put foot in front of the roller and it comes up pretty easy . Just gotta get used to it .
recently got spools and the pit bull rear stand for spools w/the forward handle. However, haven't been able to get it on the stand without other bodies to prevent a tip over. I've never used a stand before as all my other bikes have/had center stands. Is there a "trick"?

Thanks for any and all help!

I like the front stand better. It's a big plus if you ever extend the swingarm. It also keeps the handle part away from being kicked each time you walk around the backside of the bike.

I know you're talking about the front handle stand...anyone used both? Is the front handle stand easier than the rear handle stand?

not sure about gen2 but gen1 has a handle inside the tail plastic. You know right there in that vent on the left side. I know some of you went boing and covered yours with those mesh screens but it's there, any way I've found holding the busa with this unknown handle is the best way to get it on a rear stand in about 20 seconds by yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll bet you have the hump on, right?

The grab rail behind the seat makes putting the bike up on the stand a piece of cake. Put your grab rail back on and have fun. You can easily balance the bike with one hand while lifting it with your stand. The rear stand is easier to use but the front stand is handier once it's up. The idea of putting your kickstand up on a 2x4 is a good idea to help. If you have the kickstand mod it adds a bit of fun but still not a problem.

Back