Update on my ticket

Warrior58d

Registered
Well I had my day with the judge. Actually the judges secretary. I went in thinking I might be able to just pay my 106 in a 65 mph zone ticket and was told I would have to "See the judge". Well I didn't see him but I did chat up his secretary for about 45 min and then she went to talk to him on my behalf and got me off with the minimum sentence which cost me 356 bucks and 5 points on my license. I should feel lucky I guess since alabama law says he could have stuck me in the slammer for 10 days and suspended my license for 60 days. The thing that bothers me is that Houston county right next door charges a whopping 153 for greater then 25 mph over. Hmmmmm just doesn't seem right. So once again if your ever in Dale county alabama then don't speed.

Still say you got off lucky! Anytime not spent in jail or without the license is a great day! Now get out and enjoy the ride!

Glad to hear you're not in the slamma in Alabama. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Nah, you can never get away on a summons. You've got to talk to someone. Look, you didn't get off that easy, actually -- those five points could really hurt your insurance. Depends on your carrier.

Some of them look for a trend, some (Progressive comes to mind) just hit you with a big jump upon renewal. Might want to save some spare change.

Count yer blessings, thank the good lord, go for a ride!
wink.gif

True that it could have been a lot worse and I am thankfull for that. Bad thing is that the busa has not been over 55 in the last month and a half and she is really starting to bitch about it. Okay okay maybe it's all in my head but I am driving like a grandma. Should have gotten an R6 for the fear that I have. As for insurance, I am leaving for Korea in Oct so I will be taking myself off the insurance for a year so that should help but I will let you know how much it jumps up before that. !!!!!!Ride it like you stole it!!!!!,, ahh well not me..nope to scared to..maybe some day

Kels

Back