Update on my busa :) new motor + mods

Well put, Bots. We should all be able to appreciate that a fellow member is happy with his bike. Condescension and criticism have no place in this conversation. :beerchug:

Hey !!!
I'm just happy my busa is put back together ;)
I didn't think that doing what I did to it was a big deal
I like it that way

Tuffbusa you sound like ppl at the corvetteforums for real :)

I'm sorry if you don't like it lmao!

Man a stretched and blacked out white busa is hot. Love the way it looks man, you did good keeping it and getting running. Grats.

I do enjoy your posts Tuf, and I think you just need to realize that we all ride 'Busas for different reason. Heck, we all RIDE for different reasons. I hate Harley's but I realize their place in the world. You also need to realize the whole different strokes for different folks scenario. If I wanted a track bike, I'd have bought a Gsxr 600. I wanted a Hayabusa. It won't see the track. I also don't have any children. I'm 36, I don't feel like I'm missing anything in life by neither having no children nor taking my Busa to the track.
Please keep posting, I LOVE your brutal honesty, but there is a whole realm of motorcycling that you are missing out on. It is a culture as much as it is a tool.
:beerchug:

You are correct, I am missing out on that culture of bling. Bling and skill seem to avoid each other as a unit. If we put as much time and money into the rider as we do the bike, we'd have far fewer crashes as well as deaths.

I'm all about bling and enjoying your ride. Most of us are limited on funds, meaning we don't have an endless supply. By the time the bike is all blinged out, we don't have enough left over for a set of leathers much less instruction to improve the skills to properly enjoy the ride.

My point is (You included) don't spend all your disposable cash on bling. Save some of it for improving your skills. The more skill you develop the more fun these bikes become, you can trust me on that one! Better skills will also improve your chances of growing old and gray like me! :laugh:

You are correct, I am missing out on that culture of bling. Bling and skill seem to avoid each other as a unit. If we put as much time and money into the rider as we do the bike, we'd have far fewer crashes as well as deaths.

I'm all about bling and enjoying your ride. Most of us are limited on funds, meaning we don't have an endless supply. By the time the bike is all blinged out, we don't have enough left over for a set of leathers much less instruction to improve the skills to properly enjoy the ride.

My point is (You included) don't spend all your disposable cash on bling. Save some of it for improving your skills. The more skill you develop the more fun these bikes become, you can trust me on that one! Better skills will also improve your chances of growing old and gray like me! :laugh:

I understand your points, but I can also tell you that track knowledge and street knowledge are two different things.
I've done track days. On my Gsxr1000, not my Busa. Track days didn't save my brother from dying on a motorcycle. Track days don't stop a 85 year old gray haired person from turning left in front of you. Track days don't make the 16 year old hang up their cell phone. Track days don't teach panic braking, and accident avoidance. Track days don't teach you how to handle gravel or asphalt patches in corners, squirrels, deer, dogs, etc..
Maybe you should be taking more advanced street rider courses instead of track days. Maybe you should just enjoy the bike that Suzuki built instead of modifying it to do something that Suzuki didn't intend it for. I ASSURE you that the Hayabusa was meant more for 1/4 mile tracks than 3 mile tracks...

You are in the minority on this one. I'm not a big fan of bling either, but I would never insult anyone or say they haven't lived until they do something if in fact I myself haven't done the same. What's the best 1/4 mile time you've gotten out of your Busa Tuf? Its a valid question. Have you been to a drag strip? Its still racing, and teaching skills.. I don't drag race either. I use my Hayabusa for transportation and enjoyment. If I used it only for track use, it would never be used. Road America is EXPENSIVE!
You'll like this analogy.. I could put a 330mm kit on my Busa for about the same price as 10 track days at Road America.. :poke:

Let people have their own opinions on how they want to ride and customize their own bikes. It is their name on the title...

:beerchug:

I push my limits in traffic at high rates of speed...:whistle: in alaska...dodging moose...That's real ridding! :rofl: not on a closed track, where reality is shut out....just my opinon!

:beerchug::laugh:

Bike looks good I'm glad you got it up and running. The stretch and powder coating really set the bike off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back