Unknown Mods?

Blkoutbusa

Registered
Got my 2012 Hayabusa recently... So far I can tell it has an exhaust LOL

Seriously thou, without digging into it yet, I noticed it looks like the O2 sensor has been deleted so to speak. Can I assume the ecu has been flashed to some degree? I really need to get the tank up and see what all has been done and not done.

ECU has no markings on it and I figured most flashers throw their sticker on it etc. Maybe it's just an exhaust and NO other supporting mods etc.

Havent looked under the plastics enough to see whats in the plug, all I could see initally was there was NO O2 sensor in the exhaust.

The ECU could be flashed without any stickers, anyone can do that. Is the bung where the O2 sensor goes plugged or is the wire just not corrected to the sensor? If the ECU is stock and the sensor is not connected you should be getting an error code, if not someone messed with it. If you are not sure, I would recommend you have the ECU flashed back to the OEM map and then have the bike retuned to the correct parameters (assuming that's the exhaust you want to keep). People assume that an exhaust is just a dumb pipe and this is very far form the truth. But not knowing the history, I would wipe things clean and go from there.

The ECU could be flashed without any stickers, anyone can do that. Is the bung where the O2 sensor goes plugged or is the wire just not corrected to the sensor? If the ECU is stock and the sensor is not connected you should be getting an error code, if not someone messed with it. If you are not sure, I would recommend you have the ECU flashed back to the OEM map and then have the bike retuned to the correct parameters (assuming that's the exhaust you want to keep). People assume that an exhaust is just a dumb pipe and this is very far form the truth. But not knowing the history, I would wipe things clean and go from there.

Currently, I can see the pipe has the O2 bung plugged. No sensor that I can see from here. No error code to speak of which I why I assume the ECU was flashed or the sensor was "bypassed" in some manner.

The plan is to have Schnitz Racing flash the ECU, so I will give him a heads up it may have been messed with already. I need to dig into the bike as a whole and see what has and hasn't been done. Previous bike had no o2 sensors so it was a dumb pipe. And ECU tuning hadn't become mainstream for it until AFTER I had already had it tuned on a dyno with the PC3.

Currently, I can see the pipe has the O2 bung plugged. No sensor that I can see from here. No error code to speak of which I why I assume the ECU was flashed or the sensor was "bypassed" in some manner.

The plan is to have Schnitz Racing flash the ECU, so I will give him a heads up it may have been messed with already. I need to dig into the bike as a whole and see what has and hasn't been done. Previous bike had no o2 sensors so it was a dumb pipe. And ECU tuning hadn't become mainstream for it until AFTER I had already had it tuned on a dyno with the PC3.

Well good. Sounds like you're on it! Enjoy the bike!

You need to check the connector and see if maybe there is one these “eliminators” plugged in. My bike doesn’t have an O2 sensor, but has one of these instead to keep the FI light on the dash from coming on.

4F05690A-0DEA-468C-BB71-7FCF5202366B.png

Back