Votes: 235 79.9%
  • laid off

Votes: 41 13.9%
  • retired

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • temporary job after being laid off

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
Unemployed! After working for my company in a hostile, miserable environment I quit my job in a rage (not a good idea). They then layed off 65% of the company the next week. I am not "counted" by the WFC as unemployed because I can't file a claim for unemployment, but I can not find a job. It doesn't help that I am pregnant. It makes for an interesting interview though..lol!

Yea, I learned a while back never to quit a job. Let them fire or lay you off.
Unemployed! After working for my company in a hostile, miserable environment I quit my job in a rage (not a good idea). They then layed off 65% of the company the next week. I am not "counted" by the WFC as unemployed because I can't file a claim for unemployment, but I can not find a job. It doesn't help that I am pregnant. It makes for an interesting interview though..lol!

have a great job we are booming in the right busness at the right time making rubber and plastic. we have been running 6 days a week since last july. down south here where i live jobs seem to be around everwhere. now our bodyshop has slowed down. not to a crawl,making it ok, but not booming like the clinton years.

I have beenin the good 'ole USAF for 15 years now. That's not to say that the military hasn't been "laying off" people, because the AF is in its third "draw down" of personnel. I'm no where in risk of being let go though.

Employed ... again :thumbsup:

Just landed a new job after been laid off in november 2009 ... About bloody time ...

Not many jobs out there ... But they can be found.

Luckily I have a pretty good job. Unless I kill somebody, I don't foresee me loosing my job. It seems the worse the economy is, the busier we are. Plus being management, I feel pretty safe. I feel for everybody that is struggling but keep your heads up. Something could be right around the corner.

Old poll, but not much has changed IMHO. I voted employed, but was laid off after 26 years and making about 30% pay, pay way to much for no benefits. Every month is a struggle, but thank God I'm not going under like most.

I have three adult kids with college degrees. None of the three can find a job in their chosen field. All three have worked in min wage jobs, one recently got a labor const. job, one still at Red Lob, and the other is staying in school and talking about moving to China.

No one looks at all the highschool and college grads that can't find work.

So I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but since the poll popped up when I clicked new posts I thought I would toss this out to anyone who may have these skills and is in NJ. Let me know and I might be able to get you in.:thumbsup:

Business Analyst with Clinical Trial Study Registration and Results posting to NIH (National Institute of Health) experience a must.
Experience with posting trial study results to NIH is critical
Have process engineering skills to map out current state process, work with the business to establish ideal future state process and identify gaps that need to be resolved.
Experience in process analysis tools like Fishbone Diagram, Value Stream Mapping, Process Modeling . etc. and strong analytical skills to decompose complicated processes into hierarchical and logical process models systematically and comprehensively. Experience in user story development as well.

$72.00 per/hr W2 on 7 month contract.

Just thought I would toss it out for anyone looking.

I am looking for 72 hr but i have absolutely no idea what the rest of post said... let me get a dictionary and I get back to you to see if I fit the bill :laugh:

you guys are to much. The contract was for a Business Analyst. Without that experience you wouldn't kno a fishbone from a strawman. There are always a few jobs that come and go related to clinical trials that I tend to get a heads-up to see if there's anyone qualified and interested. I thought I would pass them along if anyone is interested.

I actually did that stuff when I worked for GM Commuta-goes right in hand with Lean Manufacturing and process engineering. Six Sigma all that crap:whistle: BOB and WOW yadah yadah yadah:laugh:

Again...we need a job board on the Org...I suggested that In Cap's thread about suggestions for the site.:whistle:

:thumbsup: yup all that lean "stuff", six sigma is always popular as long as it's not someone with just a "green belt".
On the netwroks side everyone talks about ITIL.
There's always a "new thing" out there that all the companies want to play with.

A jobs section would be nice but the maintenance woudl be a pain unless the threads expired ina predetermined time frame with no option to make them open ended. :beerchug:
I actually did that stuff when I worked for GM Commuta-goes right in hand with Lean Manufacturing and process engineering. Six Sigma all that crap:whistle: BOB and WOW yadah yadah yadah:laugh:

Again...we need a job board on the Org...I suggested that In Cap's thread about suggestions for the site.:whistle:

Back