Undertail Options?? UFO or with stock tail light??

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
ptions?? UFO or with stock tail light??

I really like the stock tail light, and found only one undertail on Ebay from Brazil that makes them, anyone use that one yet?

Any other options?

I like the UFO, but very $$$$, and I would prefer red lens, but they don't offer the red lens.

Any other options??

Search, bro! Search. The information you asked is there. That undertail from Brazil is a great one. I have it and it works and looks great. Only a couple choices if you want the stock taillight.

Hands down, the UFO undertail. IMO best looking one out there. The lighting on it SUCKS bad though, hence there reason I made 2 circuit boards with 122 red 20000mcd LEDs on them. Went from piss poor lights to the absolute brightest busa tail light ever.
smile.gif

If you want a red lense on it, they make a translucent red tint spray. Just apply it on the lenses, some Dupli-Color clear and you're done and looks stock.
smile.gif

smile.gif

this is the stock tail section with the under fender cut out and the stock directional lights moved to the air vent holes on the sides of the tail section. easily made metal brackets hold the lights on. looks cool and didnt cost anything.

haya_running_ta_da_900.jpg

(InfiniteReality @ Sep. 11 2006,14:03) Hands down, the UFO undertail.  IMO best looking one out there.  The lighting on it SUCKS bad though, hence there reason I made 2 circuit boards with 122 red 20000mcd LEDs on them.  Went from piss poor lights to the absolute brightest busa tail light ever.
smile.gif

If you want a red lense on it, they make a translucent red tint spray.  Just apply it on the lenses, some Dupli-Color clear and you're done and looks stock.
smile.gif
+1
by far the best looking
CSC paints all of their lenses red on every custom Busa

BTW I.R. how much would I owe you, if you did that taillight upgrade for my UFO
biggrin.gif
Please very serious
wink.gif

also any heat issues w/ that many lights???
the cave-like holes that house the lights & lenses is painted on my bike
just curious about it messing up the paint

let me know about the mod
I'll pay you for it like yesterday
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

(jjbusa @ Sep. 11 2006,16:19) i have a UFO and love it,
firedevil.gif
alright bro 183whp???
what other engine mods beside what's listed??

I used to have the Akro Evo
but switched to the Sumo

incredible #s
beerchug.gif

(ksana @ Sep. 12 2006,08:08) BTW I.R. how much would I owe you, if you did that taillight upgrade for my UFO
biggrin.gif
Please very serious
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
That many 20000mcd LEDs do put out a little heat compared to the typcal 8000mcd LED, but definitley not any where near enough like a typical incadescent bulb. And the running light is dimmer than the brake light so even less heat.

I'm sorry, I don't plan on ever making any.  There's a decent bit of time involved to make it.  Just in materials alone I have close to $50 invested.  I'd be happy to explain how I did if you wanted to give it a shot.
smile.gif

I do admit I enjoy hitting my brakes outside of town to watch all the reflectors light up like red HIDs were hitting them.
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

(InfiniteReality @ Sep. 12 2006,13:03)
(ksana @ Sep. 12 2006,08:08) BTW I.R. how much would I owe you, if you did that taillight upgrade for my UFO
biggrin.gif
Please very serious
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
That many 20000mcd LEDs do put out a little heat compared to the typcal 8000mcd LED, but definitley not any where near enough like a typical incadescent bulb. And the running light is dimmer than the brake light so even less heat.

I'm sorry, I don't plan on ever making any.  There's a decent bit of time involved to make it.  Just in materials alone I have close to $50 invested.  I'd be happy to explain how I did if you wanted to give it a shot.
smile.gif

I do admit I enjoy hitting my brakes outside of town to watch all the reflectors light up like red HIDs were hitting them.
smile.gif
yeah I mean if you got the time
if you need my email let me know
thanks bro
I've always like how yours are as bright as the sun
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

(Bigger-Busa @ Sep. 12 2006,06:02) this is the stock tail section with the under fender cut out and the stock directional lights moved to the air vent holes on the sides of the tail section. easily made metal brackets hold the lights on. looks cool and didnt cost anything.
That is really clean, and I like the way you put the turn signals

(and the huge tire is Killer!!)

(Bigger-Busa @ Sep. 12 2006,06:02) this is the stock tail section with the under fender cut out and the stock directional lights moved to the air vent holes on the sides of the tail section. easily made metal brackets hold the lights on. looks cool and didnt cost anything.
Big Busa, that looks nice. Most undertails don't work well like the OE lights for braking and indicating.

You don't even see the undertail unless your almost laying on the ground anyway.

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 12 2006,20:54)
Big Busa, that looks nice. Most undertails don't work well like the OE lights for braking and indicating.

You don't even see the undertail unless your almost laying on the ground anyway.
The only drag with just cutting it, you still have that 3/4" flat black section that is lower than the body work.

And you notice that standing from the side.

I don't think you can cut that without making a real mess, and I think would also open up the tail for water, when you get stuck riding in the rain.

(InfiniteReality @ Sep. 12 2006,13:03)
biggrin.gif
Please very serious
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
I.R. - I would like to know how you did it as well. The drawback with my undertail is that it is not a bright as I would like.

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Give that a shot.  Not an exact write-up, just an outline of what I did. Pretty cut and dry other than the wiring of the LEDs.  

http://www.lastofthebreed.com/Installs/InstallIndex.htm
For "typically" how to wire stuff, check out a friend of mine's write-up he did when he copied how I converted all my interior lights to LEDs.  On the Firehawk I also have 105 LED license plate light, 196 LED illuminated front plate, etc done.  I have 850+ LEDs on the Firehawk.  Only 290 on the busa....so far.
jump9.gif

Motorhead undertail are the best for lowering and there is no cutting of your stock under tail.

ert.JPG

you do have to cut the reflector part off the tail light . I also use the UFO programble LED tail light

Back