Uh oh... Busa out of the paint shop...(pic)

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
The paint turned out soooo good. Im really happy with it. 850 bucks total :thumbsup:

2010-08-10 11.32.15.jpg

Now I just know you are gonna post more pics... right?! Cmon man we need a complete tour; don't be that way!!:laugh:

Looks great...

But your mode of trailering is worrisome to say the least.
No front wheel chock or proper tie downs ?
Trailering on the rear stand ?
Asking for trouble..

Looks great...

But your mode of trailering is worrisome to say the least.
No front wheel chock or proper tie downs ?
Trailering on the rear stand ?
Asking for trouble..

only trailor i had available. The tip over sensor went bad and bike would run. had to get it to my uncles til i got boostbysmiths eliminator for it. :poke: I just wanted to get the bike back to his house as fast as possible. and the rear stand was to keep it stable on the trailer. We only moved it half a mile at the most so nothing to be worried about blanca :laugh:

Had to leave it in a taco bell parking lot overnight... NOT a good night...

Last edited:
I see. So thats not how you trailer it around normally and frequently ?
Seems like it could 'pop' down off stand releasing tension on strap and fall over ?

I see. So thats not how you trailer it around normally and frequently ?
Seems like it could 'pop' down off stand releasing tension on strap and fall over ?

I have never trailered the bike before (but yes i know how to trailer one properly and i know this is not proper or very safe). When i do get a trailer its going to be a covered bike trailer. I like MC Mustangs harley tailer. It has the tie down points and front wheel lock mounted in it. I might just buy a regular trailer and bolt those in myself. But yes no worries this is NOT how i plan to ever trailer the bike. This was just an emergency trailering. I had to be out of work so time was of the essence. We went VERY slow. had to use the stand because he didnt have any other tie down points on the trailer btw. didnt want to tie the bike down on the side stand either. i was a nervous wreck

Last edited:
Don't have any more pics and won't for 2 months. On my way to 29 palms california :(
Posted via Mobile Device

sweet paint job...29 stumps been there, done that, never again lol hopefully it wasn't your choice

it was my choice to go back this time. its only for 2 months and this micromin school certification will look extremely good on my resume getting out

at least only for 2 months......good luck with the real world man, getting a good job is hard to come by, i'm a lifer :thumbsup:, retiring at 39 sounds real good to me, almost 8 in, loved every bit of it

The paint turned out soooo good. Im really happy with it. 850 bucks total :thumbsup:

Bike turned out nice Russell, and I am relieved to see that the bike made it home safe because the picture on the trailer is a disaster waiting to happen. Gives me chills just looking at it, you got to promise that you will never do that again!

:whistle:

And the bike looks outstanding, post more day time picks with a tour!

Last edited:
next time throw the spare strap over the stands handle so it doesnt rock forward and let bike down

next time throw the spare strap over the stands handle so it doesnt rock forward and let bike down

The bike is never trailered and would never be trailered like this unless in a situation like i was in with no choice

Wow, that paint job is "mammy slappin" SWEET..!!
Great price too..!! :thumbsup:

I was so so worried it wasnt going to come out good, i have no idea why. But it came out way better than expected. Its this shiny with sweat drops all over it from trying to figure out why it wouldnt give gas to the injectors. That problem was since fixed tho

Back