Ugh! Guess what I saw today

You'd be wise to ride with the ball of your foot on the foot peg. I'd bet money you are dragging the rear brake.

I did the same exact thing after burning off a set on the rear in three weeks.
wow.gif
Big surprise me for as I was in the middle of a 1000 mile ride and halfway home.

Was good excuse to get a good wave rotor, braided lines and some HH Sintered pads- all good since!
beerchug.gif

Wow. I thought *I* was bad about wearing out the rears low! You're all the way to the rivets!

Replacing mine today, as a matter of fact, after about 8,000 miles.

Charles, how on earth do you get that much out of them?

I know I don't drag mine, just use them for normal stopping.

--Wag--

I bought my bike with 4900 mi on it and the rear pads were shot. I mean almost to the rivets. Gives you an indication of the previous owner's ridinig style. I threw Galfer pads back there and I bet they aren't even broken in yet. There are times if I'm riding in a straight line approaching a stop I'll use the rear just to ammuse myself and to see if it still works.

wow, thats a public service announcement to check mine.

I dont use it so I dont think about it.

(Wag @ Nov. 09 2006,02:21) Wow.  I thought *I* was bad about wearing out the rears low!  You're all the way to the rivets!  

Replacing mine today, as a matter of fact, after about 8,000 miles.

Charles, how on earth do you get that much out of them?

I know I don't drag mine, just use them for normal stopping.

--Wag--
For heavy braking, I only use the rear brake initially.

I push/squeeze both brakes. But as soon as the weight starts transferring to the front, which is like 1/2 a second, I lift off the rear and squeeze harder and harder on the front.

For normal braking I use front only.

And I am keeping an eye on the pad. I will probably get close to 60,000 out of my original/stock brake pad. If it continues to wear the same
wink.gif

Back