~~ 56 times..yup..56 ~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
I was out in the garage and down the street one of the neighbors has a friend who rides an older Hardley.

I usually don't pay much attention to the fact that he has a hard time getting it started. Yup, a kick start so it must be a few years old.

I watched..and watched..he took a break and kicked some more. I watched..and watched..then started to hide off to the side. (laughing)

He kicked..and kicked..his girlfriend went back into the house as he kicked some more.

Total kicks before it fired up? "56". I was counting.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It's true! I watched and watched..smoked to friggin cigarettes.

I'll have to watch again just to see if 56 will be broken!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think he saw me watching too!
wow.gif

laugh.gif

Well,

He must not be a very smart Harley owner.

Everyone knows you have to prime it up, by twisting the throttle twice before kicking.

sounds like he needs to do a little maintenance...or a few more leg exercises
laugh.gif

I would have walked over with a wrench for the air cleaner and a can of starting fluid and asked if I could help.

Have your video camera ready next time... that needs to be video taped and posted on the web. lol

(TIMMYDUCK @ Oct. 28 2006,18:35) Well,

He must not be a very smart Harley owner.

Everyone knows you have to prime it up, by twisting the throttle twice before kicking.
he was twisting the throttle several times.. splut..splat..pop..the whole bit.

Back in the day I had a 57 pan head. Kinda wish I still had the big old crate but I had the same problem.

Found out I had the pushrods to tight. Re-adjusted and it always fired up.

It was still funny.

runeight...

I had some older Harleys in the 70's and I can relate to what that guy was going through. That kick starting stuff can be a real pain. Especially... when your foot slides off the kick starter and it comes back up and smacks you in the calf. Man that can be real pain... Anyhow, I'm glad I'm not doing the kick start thing any more. I'll bet his girlfriend was laughing in the house just like you were. I would be laughing too. Everyone thinks its funny but the guy doing the kick starting.

Just think, that's 56 times just to get it started. Then, when they go somewhere on that bike, the poor guy has to restart that pig to make it home.

ok..got the tri pod out and a camera set to go. Hiding it in the garage behind my truck for a secret shot.

Don't know if the memory card will hold for that long but I'll give it a try. Might have to send it to a member for posting.

runeight...

good times, you have to feel bad for the old die hards!!

Camera is necesarry!!!!!
laugh.gif

While watching some biker build off's i laugh when the guys put on a kickstart on a big cube V-Twin. I guess they like sore legs.

Back