Ugh! Guess what I saw today

Big Tuna

Donating Member
Registered
I will pay more attention to my equipment before riding!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words......or curses! I noticed that the rear brake felt funny on the way home from riding. I noticed the rear rotor looked a little scrubbed while wiping her down. On closer inspection noticed that the pads were history. I am still kicking myself, But after $30 for some ebc pads and a used rotor off of a salvage bike, Im ready to go again. LESSON LEARNED!

DSCN0184.JPG

Dang,you didnt hear it squealing before it got to that point? You gonna need a new rotor fer sure.

(nitrousjunkie @ Nov. 08 2006,10:51) Dang,you didnt hear it squealing before it got to that point? You gonna need a new rotor fer sure.
I never heard a squeal, not even once. I have just always heard the whirring sound on the front from the ebc front pads. I "thought" that I rarely used the real brake, guess I know now. I probably still wouldnt have noticed if the brake foot lever hadnt of felt jumpy coming off the exit ramp. There is no excuse...I should have paid more attention....period..

Thats the rear?? Make sure you check the front ones. Do you ride the ride brake and not know it maybe?? Maybe there is a stuck caliper or something.

(extreemachine @ Nov. 08 2006,11:08) Thats the rear?? Make sure you check the front ones. Do you ride the ride brake and not know it maybe?? Maybe there is a stuck caliper or something.
The front looks great replaced them back in May or June.....And I may be riding the rear brake, I might need to adjust it and keep my size 13's off of it...lol

wow, I cant believe you were metal on metal like that. Didn't you hear the squealing?

Evidently these pads are suppose to squeal.....what is the squealing supposed to be caused by? metal to metal? Like I said earlier...never made any kind of squeal, just noticed the foot lever kinda felt funny.

I'd like to see pics of the rotor too. How do you know when it's time to replace it?

Carl

46,000 miles on my orginal/stock rear pads, no problem here
tounge.gif
poke.gif

"knock on wood"
firedevil.gif

Back