TX Rider with a "new to me" 'Busa!

Lenbo

Registered
Hello everyone!

I just got a 2014 50th Anniversary Hayabusa. So pretty!

Short history: I am a "regular" at our local Suzuki dealership (heck, my girlfriend works there) and happened to be there one Saturday morning for their weekly free hot dog/hamburger grill. As I was walking from my Harley (yes I have one, don't judge) I happened across this 'Busa sitting under then awning. It stopped me in my tracks because it was so lovely! I figured it would be way over-priced so I sighed and had a burger and a hot dog. ...but then I had an inexplicable urge to go look again. After longing over it for a few more minutes I decided, "Pah, what the h*ll. I'll just ask Willie what the story is..." So I went in and flagged down Willie (one of my salesman friends at the dealership). Turns out the previous owner bought it, put a Coffman exhaust on it, rode it for 1200 miles, then traded it before he even got his plates. I think he may have even had that "break-in" service done. What!? He didn't even put a scratch on it.

Before Willie and I started talking numbers, I looked it up. Turns out NADA says it's worth $11,500 "low retail" and $14,500 "average retail." This bike is clean, so I figured they'd have it at like $14,999 with the exhaust. Turns out it was $10,999. So I had to take it as I felt it was a good deal.

Now I'm the happy new owner of a lovely showroom clean 'Busa, and I love it!

EDIT - CRAP! I didn't realize the image was rotated like that... Sorry!!! I fixed it.

IMG_8069.jpg

:welcome: Nice looking busa! You will love if you already don't.:thumbsup:

I got it a little late last night, so I only got to put about 30 miles on it. Suffice it to say it's infinitely smoother and more refined than my '04 GSX-R 750. The clutch, for one thing. WOW!

Beautiful bike. From Abilene. I'm going to be out there next week. Was debating riding up or trailering up to ride some while in town.

Beautiful bike. From Abilene. I'm going to be out there next week. Was debating riding up or trailering up to ride some while in town.

Man, you'll have to shoot me a message here when you get into town. I have another friend that rides a 'Busa too.

Back