Tw-400 alarm

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
For those of you that have that alarm, did it come with plugs to plug into the wiring harness or did you have to wire it in. Thanks

Don

I haven't bought it yet, just wondering about it. It has all the features the scorpio has and there are a couple of guys on here that have it.

I haven't bought it yet, just wondering about it. It has all the features the scorpio has and there are a couple of guys on here that have it.
The customer service with these guys is second to none,kinda offsets the price disparity.Great people to deal with and very quick shipping.

Just talked to the folks at internatrix. They were very friendly and knowledgable. I will prolly go with that one. It has all the features of the scorpio except the time date stamp thing and does a couple that the scorpio does not. Not to mention the price difference. $154 shipped with 2 remotes. If anyone has any negative about this alarm let me know.

Nothing Negative with mine.
Just not had time to put it in.
If I had 2 remotes I would sell mine to you.

The TW-400 is the way to go. I have been very happy with the alarm. The paging distance is great. I work in a warehouse. If someone stands to close to the bike the remote will let you know. Most of all Internatrix really stands behind their alarm system.

busa2.jpg

For those of you that have that alarm, did it come with plugs to plug into the wiring harness or did you have to wire it in.  Thanks

Don
The LM508 which can be bought off eBay for ~ $80 to your door is identical to the TW-400.
It has more features than the Scorpio and the siren blows the Scorpio's cheesy "built in" piezo out of the water.

There are more individual components so you can neatly mount them in various areas.  Only thing the overpriced/overhyped Scorpio offers is battery back up which would be fine if you had an exposed battery but since the Busa battery is under a bolted down seat it's a 100% useless option.  By the time anyone walks within 2' of the bike the alarm is screaming and you're being paged.

As far as the adapter harness...you still have to cut a wire for the ignition disable on the Scorpio and technically you only have to cut one wire for the LM508/TW400 install.

Here's my complete install which should also work for the TW-400.  Only main difference is the LM508 also has two extra leads for remote start that you won't use.

Alarm install

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143586756 -->

the only thing i don't like about the TW-400 is the annoing voice reminding me to arm the system every time you turn the key off...so i just pulled that speaker
biggrin.gif
other than that it's a great alarm.

the only thing i don't like about the TW-400 is the annoing voice reminding me to arm the system  every time you turn the key off...so i just pulled that speaker
biggrin.gif
other than that it's a great alarm.
Disconnect the brown wire or better yet, put a small toggle switch between the brown wire. You can turn that off which will kill the reminders and yet still give you the verbal warning when someone walks too close to the bike. Later if you want the reminder back or need to code another pager you can just flip that switch back on.

The TW400 doesn't have the remote start like the 508, however I believe the feature is still programmed into it. If you hold the backlight button on the pager for 3 or 4 seconds that brown wire will energize. If you have something like custom LED accent lights on the bike you can turn them on/off with the pager.
Of course make sure that brown wire is disconnected or on the "line" side of that toggle switch otherwise you'll also be powering your tail light (or whatever "ignition on" you chose to tap into when installing the alarm).
If you want to power something that draws a lot of amperage simply use a relay.

The LM508 which can be bought off eBay for ~ $80 to your door is identical to the TW-400.
Can't find that one on ebay, any ideas?
This is the auction I bought mine from:
Auction Link

Right now he doesn't appear to have any for sale but he does put them up in batches every so often. You might want to try contacting him through eBay to see if he sells them outright.

Note that the eBay photo he uses doesn't show all the parts like the siren, speaker and harnesses. If you look at the link I posted you'll see it's identical to the TW400.

For those of you that have that alarm, did it come with plugs to plug into the wiring harness or did you have to wire it in.  Thanks

Don
It has more features than the Scorpio and the siren blows the Scorpio's cheesy "built in" piezo out of the water.

There are more individual components so you can neatly mount them in various areas.  Only thing the overpriced/overhyped Scorpio offers is battery back up which would be fine if you had an exposed battery but since the Busa battery is under a bolted down seat it's a 100% useless option.  By the time anyone walks within 2' of the bike the alarm is screaming and you're being paged.

As far as the adapter harness...you still have to cut a wire for the ignition disable on the Scorpio and technically you only have to cut one wire for the LM508/TW400 install.

Here's my complete install which should also work for the TW-400.  Only main difference is the LM508 also has two extra leads for remote start that you won't use.

Alarm install
+1 on this...Turbo's walk thru was so freakin easy to follow! My LM 508 has given me a greater peace of mind when i go to sleep at night! Awesome product and sweet price! The range on the keypads is about 300', even with a few obstructions! Good enogh for me! ;)

Back