turn signals

probusa

Registered
has anybody had to change the indicator relay switch after installing led turn signals?
if so where do i find it been looking but no sucsess.

Semi used a resistor in the undertail to slow it back down with the stock flasher. Drop him a PM.

WHat relay did you get? The best way to do it is to pull the front left inner panel and remove the relay... the pins are blue and orange (I think) they are the middle two (of the three rows)... the relay which lights did you turn to LEDs? If you did the front, you may need a special relay...

i have got led on front and back now,when i bought the front ones they came with a universal wide-range indicator module. the relay i got is a acuman relay.
it reads here...
spice the 2 wires from acuman relay into the 2 wires that ran the original relay.

There's a few threads on this in the Electrical section.

Someone has some detailed pics in here:

It's under the left side inner panel jus below the handlebar. Here's the schematic..

Turn_relay_schematic.jpg

Read this;

You may need two relays, one for the front leds and one for the rear leds.  Depends on what relay you use.

I purposely left mine at the faster blink rate...much more annoying/eye-catching out on the road.

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 17 2007,11:59) I purposely left mine at the faster blink rate...much more annoying/eye-catching out on the road.
Me too, it catches your eye better, I think, well, I hope!

Back