All 4 Turn signals stuck on?

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So all 4 of my signals are stuck on yellow. I have switchbacks in the front and led tail lights in the rear. I am thinking the EP35 led flasher relay shorted? I will confirm this weekend. Anyone else ever had this problem and have a different outcome?

edit: just now thinking about it... if the relay was shorted then would it not only be one side stuck on? All 4 turn signals immediately come on when I turn the key and stay on no matter what... I think I am going to replace the relay first just to see if that is the cause but now thinking about it I may have to start checking wires... :banghead:

No electrical work has been done for weeks.

So all 4 of my signals are stuck on yellow. I have switchbacks in the front and led tail lights in the rear. I am thinking the EP35 led flasher relay shorted? I will confirm this weekend. Anyone else ever had this problem and have a different outcome?

edit: just now thinking about it... if the relay was shorted then would it not only be one side stuck on? All 3 turn signals immediately come on when I turn the key and stay on no matter what... I think I am going to replace the relay first just to see if that is the cause but now thinking about it I may have to start checking wires... :banghead:

No electrical work has been done for weeks.

Are they on full bright or dimmer than usual? If they are dimmer than normal then check your ground...

All the flasher relays I have seen go bad, just the side turn on stays lite. I'd double check the wiring to make sure you have a good ground or nothing is giving them constant power. Had a friend that had a car amp that wouldn't cut off and it turned out to be one small strand of wire from the remote wire touching the main power. Could be just something that small and simple.

Something would need to be touching a common point on all 4 bulbs to make them all come on... I guess its time to look over the schematic :banghead:

Did you check the 4way flasher switch?
:poke:

IMG_0159.jpg

Did you check the 4way flasher switch?
:poke:

Yes, I am not :stoopid: :laugh:. But thanks for keeping me in check! :beerchug: The turn signals were not flashing, they were just a constant yellow.

Well when I turned the bike on yesterday, all 4 did not stay on. When i hit the left or right turn signal they just stuck on. I replaced the relay and that did not fix it. Turns out you have to have the gauge cluster on the bike for the turn signals to work properly :laugh:. Do not flame me for having the gauges off. I had the gauge cluster in my room because I am shooting and editing a video on how-to take apart the gauge cluster and change the LEDs and faceplates yourself :thumbsup:. I have had the gauge cluster off and ridden many a time before but I guess I never noticed the turn signals did not work...

Solution to problem:
If gauge cluster is removed, Turn Signals no worky :laugh:

Just be glad it was an easy fix :) Those are the kind of troubles that we all like, the easy ones to fix instead of the ones that drag out for weeks or more.

Just be glad it was an easy fix :) Those are the kind of troubles that we all like, the easy ones to fix instead of the ones that drag out for weeks or more.

I knew it could not have been nothing too major because I had not been fiddling with any major wiring in a month.... At least I have a spare relay now :thumbsup:

Locktite :whistle:, just funning with ya brother :laugh:

I'll give you some loctite! :shutup: :laugh:

Back