Turn signal issues

karnage

Registered
I am having a weird signal issue.I have swiychbacks in the front, leds in the rear.I did the resistors in front so they flash and I have the flasher that has the DOT flashrate.Now I can leave in the morning, they work fine into work.I left today and no signals, got on the freeway a ways and they started working again.Got almost home and no signals again, get home and signals.The 4 ways wont work either.Could I have a faulty relay??The resistors only get hot when the signals are on so I dont think thats the problem.Igniton switch, ground??Bad signal switch??KInda stumped but will look into it.

Ya could be a lot of things..if there working now,thats hard to fix something thats working..it might be a ground or that relay like u said..kinda trial and error thing..i guess u could keep messing with them until they stop, then find the problem..

I think I may know whats wrong.Before I did the relay and load resisters for the switch back I bought th e trailer relay for leds and had to pull the 2 wires out and I think one of them had the clip broke off when I pulled the wires out so it may be pushing out making a bad conenction.I will pull the cover off again and check.

Just as I suspected.The blue wire that goes to the relay wasnt all the pushed in.I even replicated it so I know its fixed.I was driving home and it came to me to check those 2 wires I pulled out of the plug.

glad you got it fixed, riding without turn signals is a bad idea. I mean you could always use ur hands, but how many cagers out there know the meaning of the hand signals ??

I can do the hand signals but yeah what cager looks out for them??I am glad it was a simple fix, but now I have to take the panel back off because I left the headlight fuse out to test the signals:banghead:

You dont want my reply!
LOL
:whistle:
I can do the hand signals but yeah what cager looks out for them??I am glad it was a simple fix, but now I have to take the panel back off because I left the headlight fuse out to test the signals:banghead:

Back