Turbo Tuners in Maine or New England

the guy around with the most turbo experience is Eric Pauquette at DAS performance
dracut altenator and starter, he builds his own turbo kits

they used to have a website but it appears to be down

I know his dyno room is currently apart to remount the dyno on a lift, it should be back together in january

the guy around with the most turbo experience is Eric Pauquette at DAS performance
dracut altenator and starter, he builds his own turbo kits

they used to have a website but it appears to be down

I know his dyno room is currently apart to remount the dyno on a lift, it should be back together in january

What State is Eric in?

Does he have experience tuning an RCC stage 1 Turbo on a Gen II Busa?

What kind of Dyno does he use?

What State is Eric in?

Does he have experience tuning an RCC stage 1 Turbo on a Gen II Busa?

What kind of Dyno does he use?

He is in dracut mass
which is about 15 minutes from me here in Nashua NH
he has a dynojet 250
to him turbos are turbos
he has bee building his own kits since about 1988

he tuned my mongrel stage 1 to 382hp with s2000 injectors

penobscot area
That will be a hike to just about anywhere
maybe you should pick up a wideband o2 and datalogging setup and do it yourself

penobscot area
That will be a hike to just about anywhere
maybe you should pick up a wideband o2 and datalogging setup and do it yourself

I asked Richard at RCC the same question and he said his Turbo kits don't use the '02 sensor as they're to slow reacting and that it's reacting after the fact. But he does have PC maps and is working on ECU editor maps for his Turbo kits. I don't mind setting-up my Turbo's initial tuning as I'd just go with a little rich AFR and a little soft on the timing until I had access to a Dyno.

I asked Richard at RCC the same question and he said his Turbo kits don't use the '02 sensor as they're to slow reacting and that it's reacting after the fact. But he does have PC maps and is working on ECU editor maps for his Turbo kits. I don't mind setting-up my Turbo's initial tuning as I'd just go with a little rich AFR and a little soft on the timing until I had access to a Dyno.

everything even EGT is after the fact:poke:

the dyno sniffer is after the fact as well
I have unscrewed my O2 sensor and screwed on that was connected to the dyno into my Bung

I REPEAT DO NOT TRY AND TUNE YOUR OWN TURBO BIKE....load the map richards sends and then either cruise out of boost to the dyno or load it up on a trailer and take it. Only retards try and tune these bikes by themselves. Very few people with a dyno can actually tune them or even care to get the tune right and then you have handful of racers and other do it yourself guys that have enough expierence and money to fix what they blow up. Don't know how far orient express is but they are good in NY

Last edited:
everything even EGT is after the fact:poke:

the dyno sniffer is after the fact as well
I have unscrewed my O2 sensor and screwed on that was connected to the dyno into my Bung

Of course your right! My Bad! Richards comments to me about "being after the fact" we're in response to my question about using a self tuner. Wow, I need some sleep! I have to get up 3-4 times a night to keep my boiler filled with water. Again sorry for not getting this right.

I REPEAT DO NOT TRY AND TUNE YOUR OWN TURBO BIKE....load the map richards sends and then either cruise out of boost to the dyno or load it up on a trailer and take it. Only retards try and tune these bikes by themselves. Very few people with a dyno can actually tune them or even care to get the tune right and then you have handful of racers and other do it yourself guys that have enough expierence and money to fix what they blow up. Don't know how far orient express is but they are good in NY

Great advice and I'll take it! I'm stubborn but not retarded, LOL.

Could I install my turbo, run Richards map, and then go to a local Dyno just to check my AFR? And then if everything is close enough to ride the bike I could then go some where (MA or NY) to get my turbo tuned? I don't have a trailer so I'd have to ride the bike to the tuner.

Great advice and I'll take it! I'm stubborn but not retarded, LOL.

Could I install my turbo, run Richards map, and then go to a local Dyno just to check my AFR? And then if everything is close enough to ride the bike I could then go some where (MA or NY) to get my turbo tuned? I don't have a trailer so I'd have to ride the bike to the tuner.

I'm not saying your retarded I'm just saying anybody who throws on a turbo and goes out and starts beating on it is a retard. Yes the turbo install is quite easy and you could go check the AFR at a dyno. Riding the bike out of boost should be absolutely fine. That response was meant for people like me who have no idea of fuel tables and tuning....and try and do it there self. Usually trying to save $300 will cost you $3000

I'm not saying your retarded I'm just saying anybody who throws on a turbo and goes out and starts beating on it is a retard. Yes the turbo install is quite easy and you could go check the AFR at a dyno. Riding the bike out of boost should be absolutely fine. That response was meant for people like me who have no idea of fuel tables and tuning....and try and do it there self. Usually trying to save $300 will cost you $3000

I know you didn't mean me. But I surely don't want to become one!!!

do you have a leak?

Must be a leak somewhere? This house is 100 yrs. old, super drafty, with an old boiler. I have to turn on the valve which is also leaking and then lift the fill lever up until I get to about 15psi or until the pop-off valve goes off. Need to try and chase this down but some of the pipes go through enclosed stairwells and one part of it even exits the house for 2 ft.. Hopefully it's not the boiler?

there should be an expansion tank hanging from the boiler piping and it should have a nozzle on the bottom like a car tire and it should have like 12 psi of air in it
if it doesnt the the water you add when heated will expand and can bloff off then can have low pressure again
base_media

Last edited:

HUH
With a datalogger and common sense you can def tune your own stuff

I am not saying throw it together and beat on it, but creeping up on the boost session after session is the way to go

HUH
With a datalogger and common sense you can def tune your own stuff

I am not saying throw it together and beat on it, but creeping up on the boost session after session is the way to go

With some patience and a good working knowledge of what constitutes a good turbo map, you can definately tune your own bike with a good datalogger by "creeping up on it" a little at a time . . .

FYI, POWERHOUSE will dyno tune any bike WHILE YOU WAIT, with an appointment. And because we have a video camera in our dyno room, customers who choose this option are able to watch the entire session on a large flat screen in our showroom.

We typically invite our customers who are traveling a long distance to take advantage of this, and many do. I lot of people like to watch, especially when their own bike is being dynoed . . . and yes, we have been building and tuning turbo bikes since 1978!:rudolph:

there should be an expansion tank hanging from the boiler piping and it should have a nozzle on the bottom like a car tire and it should have like 12 psi of air in it
if it doesnt the the water you add when heated will expand and can bloff off then can have low pressure again
base_media

Yes I have an expansion tank. There is a device above it that looks like some kind of pressure release. Last Spring the device above the expansion tank started leaking bad so I removed it and found an HD brake bleeder screw in my toolbox that was the same thread so I installed it to stop the leak. During the Summer I'd only turn on the boiler for showers, but since this Fall I've had to continually refill the boiler. Should I go to Home Depot and get the release valve that goes above the expansion tank? Should I also bleed the system as I assume there is air in the pipes now?

base_media

Went to check the air pressure from the bottom of the expansion tank but only water came out? Somehow I think this isn't good?

ok then you need a new expansion tank that may fix your problem the bladder inside is broken thats an easy fix should be under $50

Back