Turbo Tuners in Maine or New England

you can replace that high vent at the same time

Atticdog, you Da Man!!! Thanks a million for helping me figure this out!

Went to Home Depot this morning and bought an expansion tank and high vent. Total cost $41, YIPPIE! Installed the high vent and drained the exp. tank, used a sledge on a wrench and finally got the exp. tank lose. Drained as much water as I could out of the exp. tank and slowly started unscrewing it and let the steam disapate. The exp. tank felt heavy so I got a chair and started unscrewing it and holding on as tight as I could. Looked down and always believing in "Murphys Law" I moved everything out from underneath the exp. tank, i.e., pipe dope, wrench, etc.. Sure enough the damn exp. tank weighed a ton as it still had a bunch of water in it and BAM it fell and hit the top of the boiler. Luckily no damage and no injury, LOL. Filled the system, turned the boiler on and WOW it's working great so far. I don't think I'll have any issues with the boiler again. Thanks a million again. You Rule!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:
With some patience and a good working knowledge of what constitutes a good turbo map, you can definately tune your own bike with a good datalogger by "creeping up on it" a little at a time . . .

FYI, POWERHOUSE will dyno tune any bike WHILE YOU WAIT, with an appointment. And because we have a video camera in our dyno room, customers who choose this option are able to watch the entire session on a large flat screen in our showroom.

We typically invite our customers who are traveling a long distance to take advantage of this, and many do. I lot of people like to watch, especially when their own bike is being dynoed . . . and yes, we have been building and tuning turbo bikes since 1978!:rudolph:

Looks like a trip down to LI, NY is in my future after I install my Turbo. But I'm thinking I'll still add the PC V Wideband 2 AFR monitor kit with display so I can datalog my turbos performance to keep track of things and if needed so I can tweak my "PowerHouse" map.

Frank and Richard I appreciate all your help!! You are both "Da Men" when it comes to Turbos! :bowdown:

Back