turbo seeping oil problem

gameoverbusa

Registered
hi everyone I have a 2004 busa with a velocity stage 2 system on it my bike seeps oil lightly when sitting in one place idling, and you can see it in the fairings. I have read about the electric scavenge pump problems. so I decided to buy the big cc mechanical pump. its on its way as we speak has anyone here had this problem and what did they do to solve it. my busa have a fully built engine rod engine studs up graded trans shaft turbo pistons and two intake cams. I have to get it dyno tuned this summer and looking to get 450 hp. the bike has 250 rear tire with rc spinner rims any help would be very good thanks

Two people you can PM here if you don't get an answer Richard at RCC and Frank at Powerhouse.

does it have the old low header?

when idling if it's on kickstand and has a slow drain back it will seep out the housing usually into the filter... you can check this by wiping everything clean. figure a way to keep bike upright and crank it and idle then. look for drips, if none it's a drainage problem and oil drain is likely below or level with drainage point..

If its an older velocity kit, it's the nature of the beast with them as the headers are too low. Some kits even had a drain plug to drain the oil out of the hot side of the turbo.

Other things that will cause that are a kinked drain line, or a line that drops below the pan in the middle and rises back up to the fitting.

yes it has the older header on it I do not want the replace the header due to having to replace the fairings, I have cut my fairings for exhaust, air filter and they have custom paint on them. plus the cost of the header would be very costly. I have read about the electric scavenge pump and thy do not last very long so I ordered the big cc mechanical pump. and was wondering how people like it and does it last a long time. when I get it im going to try to install it without cutting the fairings.

Back