Mr turbo oil scavenge pump

65Cobra

Registered
To make a long story short I had an issue with the oil scavenger pump that came with Mr Turbo's system. I was blowing smoke out the exhaust and found oil in both the turbo and the exhaust pipe. I purchased his heavy duty oil scavenge pump but the problem I'm having is finding a place to mount it. At first I considered under the gas tank in the area above the spark plugs but he said I'm only asking for trouble mounting it that high. He started talking about the right side of the bike, on top of the frame below the swingarm which makes no sense to me. He said he would send me a picture but never did (and I plan on calling him back today). This is my primary issue.

But, I also have an issue with this pump itself because it is an unmodified pump GP-301 by Reverso Pumps Inc. and although the specs say it will pump viscous and non-viscous fluids, it has a maximum working temperature of 140 degrees which isn't enough for hot oil. I tried to get more information from Mr Turbo but it was as though he didn't know anything about this pump, except how to overcharge for this pump by $100. He couldn't tell me if it was a low speed pump or a high speed pump and didn't even know about the 140 degreee limit. So, no matter what I end up doing about the pump itself, I still need to figure out where to mount it.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome and it would be great to see pics to show me where and how their pump is mounted.

that is the ONLY way to do a scavenge pump....IMO. Mechanical driven pumps kick ass and pretty much never fail. I did something simular on my bike

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't know these existed. Uncle Bob, when you say you did something similar to your bike, what exactly did you do. I'm interested.

different motor, so it wouldn't help, but it had an "unused" side of the oil pump that I converted to act as a scavenge pump

if you're refering to me, that would be a negative. I don't have a turbo'd busa. But if you want to meet up, I'll be at the VME weds
biggrin.gif
Look for the ugly turbo'd ZRX and the long hair hippy guy with the scruffed up black riding gear.

(yah, I know....not exactly an original image) OK, just walk around screaming "where's uncle bob!?" Someone will answer
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Uncle Bob
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154412716 -->

biggrin.gif

Back