Oil my turbo garret

racingp

Registered
Hello,

when turning on the bike the turbo spits oil on the side of aspiration as you can see in the video:

Install a suction pump and a small reservoir under the turbo thinking that it was the problem but keep doing the same

What could be the problem? How can I keep it from spitting oil? Does the turbo have a problem or is it okay?

The turbo is ball bearing

Thanks

Make sure you have a restrictor on the oil feed line at the turbo too. You running a high pressure pump? What kind of air filter you running, too small will blow that compressor seal with vacuum behind filter.

Make sure your turbo is clocked correctly and all the oil is draining out of the turbo. If some is left in there, it Will Drip. Could have oil in your cold air pipe also. Mine smoked every so often until the oil got burnt out of the turbo. My return line wasn't angled properly out of the turbo into the pan. I was ready to pour gas on it! Sent it to Powerhouse. Problem solved. Just my experience with the Dbl. BB.Turbo I have on my Velocity system.

Hello,

when turning on the bike the turbo spits oil on the side of aspiration as you can see in the video:

Install a suction pump and a small reservoir under the turbo thinking that it was the problem but keep doing the same

What could be the problem? How can I keep it from spitting oil? Does the turbo have a problem or is it okay?

The turbo is ball bearing

Thanks
Mine did the same thing. Not as heavy though.

Hello,

Yesterday, check if the bike has an input restrictor and if a restrictor of 0.9mm is mounted, does it need to be smaller If so, what size would you put

Thank you

My journal bearing turbo is doing the same thing. I believe I have a restrictor installed also. Probably ruined it. Y having it on there. My leak isnt as bad as your but leaks none the less, atleast with the filter on

A restrictor on a journal bearing turbo will cause damage.

I figured as much. I let it run in the driveway and no noticeable oil leaked with the filter off,maybe I need to put sustained load on it.. I'm going to double check to see if I did install a restrictor as i installed the turbo about 4-5 years ago and my memory sucks.

Back