Turbo oil supply question

jdolecki

Registered
Do you run full oil pressure to your turbo or are you suppose to run flow restrictors. plain bearing or ball.

Also i was thinking about running a small moroso accusump to my turbo oil inlet fro shutdowns any ideas on that?

Thanks John

no restrictors. Take out the restrictor behind your oil filter

is he running block offs? does it even matter? I'm gonna run the oil cooler, should i still remove the restrictor behind the oil filter? Thanks for any light on this subject.

I'm not gonna say one way or the other.... I don't wanna be part in your motor seizing...

I do KNOW that when you're not running the oil cooler that you do NOT want the restrictor in. Your turbo needs that oil flow as much as possible. I would assume this would be the same with running a cooler but I do not know because I do not run one.

(URPREY @ Jan. 14 2007,19:56) is he running block offs?  does it even matter?  I'm gonna run the oil cooler, should i still remove the restrictor behind the oil filter?  Thanks for any light on this subject.
I run an oil cooler and I left the restricter behind the filter in.

Leave the plug in if you are running the oil cooler. Take it out if you are running block off's. It has no effect on the oil going to the turbo. It actually causes the oil to go thru the oil cooler. Without it, the oil cooler will not cool the oil.

You can run full oil pressure, but you should run a #4 steel braded line, as it will serve as flow control. Too big of an oil supply line will drop your oil pressure in the motor, and will be hard to return back to the oil pan.

(VelocityRacing @ Jan. 14 2007,13:54) Leave the plug in if you are running the oil cooler. Take it out if you are running block off's. It has no effect on the oil going to the turbo. It actually causes the oil to go thru the oil cooler. Without it, the oil cooler will not cool the oil.

You can run full oil pressure, but you should run a #4 steel braded line, as it will serve as flow control. Too big of an oil supply line will drop your oil pressure in the motor, and will be hard to return back to the oil pan.
cool...... nothing like some good info to add to the `ol mental hard drive
egitarre77.gif

i took out the restrictor and am running the turbo off the feed to the cooler. has worked for me for a little while, i know of others running WAY more power than me and many more miles.

obviously nothing is going to the oil cooler return. oil restrictor is an 8mm allen. easy to remove.

Back